G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just bought my 2007 G5 GT but it didn't come with an owners manual. I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to disable the light in the middle of the console that shows air bag status? I find it is brighter than the rest and a little unnecessary.

2. How can I show something other than Oil Life while the car is on. I noticed the KM only shows then you put the key in.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
776 Posts
Only way to disable the light is to unplug it from the inside. Idk if your allowed to tho. Also hit the info button on ur steering wheel that will change it from oil life to w/e u want

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
answer to number 2. is hit the info button it goes to a few different things such as tire pressure and oil life and milage.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Hey Pizza.... welcome! The online owner's manual Nair posted, says Airbag readiness light comes on for a few seconds while airbag system is being checked. It should disappear in a few seconds. If those few seconds bother you, cover it with a light tint (window tint) to dull it down. If light stays on,, have it checked as there could be a safety problem. Never disconnect a light like that.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
welcome to the site.
id put a sticker over the light myself. but hey thats just me and my love of stickers..lol
(mines unpluged .. in fact i dont even know where mine is cause its hasnt been in the car forever)

·
Registered
428 Posts
welcome to the site.
id put a sticker over the light myself. but hey thats just me and my love of stickers..lol
(mines unpluged .. in fact i dont even know where mine is cause its hasnt been in the car forever)
Haha - you also don't have a passenger airbag ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have two lights for the airbag, one to show if the sensor detects a passenger to engage the airbag and the other to show that no passenger is detected and disengage the airbag

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
man, how come my drivers information doesn't show tire pressure!! It shows everything else. Does everyone elses?
The tire pressure monitoring system was not implemented until the 2008 model, along with instantaneous fuel economy. But wait a minute... you have an 09. That's odd.

·
Registered
425 Posts
man, how come my drivers information doesn't show tire pressure!! It shows everything else. Does everyone elses?
Mine shows tire pressure

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Both G5 GT and Cobalt show TP and Instant fuel economy for 2008.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
09 G5 base i have tire pressure and instant MPG

1. Outside Temp and Odometer

2. Trip A

3. Trip B

4. Fuel Range

5. AVG MPG

6. INST MPG

7. Oil Life

8. Coolant Temp

9. Front Tire Pressures

10. Rear Tire Pressures

·
Registered
100 Posts
on my 06 just take off # 6 , 9, 10 :(

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
mine doesn't (2010)
yup, 09 base model G5's do not show tire pressure, but do show instantaneous fuel economy.
It must be a US feature then. Canada is the only thing that the three of you have in common.

I wonder if there is a way to get Instant Fuel Economy, its there in the computer or else it couldn't give you the average...
I've wished the same thing. It seems the only way we can get that is to add an Interceptor gauge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thanks guys. So for the ones that have the lights enabled, they go out after a few seconds? Mine are always on but change depending if there is someone in the passenger seat or not. I'm gonna have a look through this manual now that I have one! Thanks again :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts