G5 Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When running A/C and the fan kicks on high, does anyone else's vibrate enough to feel it through the car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just felt this for the first time monday. It sounds/feels terrible unfortunately warranty probably won't do anything for it!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yeah i was gonna eventually post something about this, last weekend i noticed my rad. fan was really loud this weekend i am taking into gm to get it looked at, also my parents have a 2005 pursuit base model and they had to take it in for the same thing

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
fusiongt said:
yeah i was gonna eventually post something about this, last weekend i noticed my rad. fan was really loud this weekend i am taking into gm to get it looked at, also my parents have a 2005 pursuit base model and they had to take it in for the same thing
All you guys with all of your GTs and stepped up models... You shoulda got the base model which doesn't even have A/C or those problems LOL! I miss my A/C that my z24 cavy had :(.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Rob said:
All you guys with all of your GTs and stepped up models... You shoulda got the base model which doesn't even have A/C or those problems LOL! I miss my A/C that my z24 cavy had :(.
No thanks - I will NEVER own another vehicle w/ out it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Our Radiator fans have two speeds: low and high. You will notice this if you look at the connector and see that there are, indeed, three wires going to the fan. When it is hot out, and you have the A/C on, the fan speeds up to high, which causes the noise and vibration (which isn't too noticeable, in my opinion - but definitely noticeable). Most of the time these fans come on, it's only set to come on at low speed unless certain conditions are met in the ECM (i.e. high coolent temp, ambient temp, and A/C on). Some people even switch the factory single fan for dual fans and wire them accordingly. Just sharing a little FYI for you guys - so don't worry that there is something wrong with your ride or anything! I was curious the first time I heard and felt it too. There was some discussion about this on the cobalt forums, also. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yeah i also figured out there was 2 speeds, but my car is going into gm next week anyway because when the fan does kick into high it is alot louder than it has been in the past

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i have a base with no options at all. zero. and it came standard with power everything, remote keyless, and a/c

1 - 14 of 14 Posts