G5 Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pontiac cars have always had red lighting, but in our cars we only have red speedo's, the radio, buttons on the wheel, everything is white like in the Cobalt..

is there an easy way to change that? I think white looks stupid..

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
mine is greenish ha ha but thats not the point. i agree wish it was all red. i have red neons and a red strobe from my old car but im not putting it in my g5 cuz it will be red gauges red lights but green center dash.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have a base g5 and all my bulbs are white even gauges i just switched out cobalt gauge faces! most the time a red light bulb is just a little cover over the lights take em off and look shouldnt hurt!!!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i wouldn't mind changing my spedo to a white face and blue numbering to match my blue neons inside my car and to match my sub. amp

·
Registered
232 Posts
Renesis said:
Pontiac cars have always had red lighting, but in our cars we only have red speedo's, the radio, buttons on the wheel, everything is white like in the Cobalt..

is there an easy way to change that? I think white looks stupid..
I agree with you, I thought about doing this awhile back, but figured it would be more of a pain in the ass for what it's worth. Plus in Fort Mac The sun rises at lik 4AM and sets around 11PM (in the summer, winter just switch am and pm around, LOL). So I don't see alot of light up anyways unless it's winter.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
haha I was lazy, I went for a black and red scheme so I don't have to change any dash lights.

·
Registered
830 Posts
fusiongt said:
i wouldn't mind changing my spedo to a white face and blue numbering to match my blue neons inside my car and to match my sub. amp
Is this do-able? I want to do this myself as well... My shift knob lights up blue and I'm putting some blue neons inside and I want my gauges to match. If anyone has done this, or has knowledge on how to do it please let me know :) and what kind of bulbs do we need anyways for our gauges? I don't want to go popping stuff apart on my car without some advice :p Oh and what about the needles? Can I change those to blue?

·
Registered
830 Posts
You've got cobalt ones right? Yeah I don't want to lose my white face, I just want them to glow blue... My dealer told me to take it apart and look because he thinks most of them are soddered (sp?) in.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Theres one guy on CSS that sanded off the colored film on the back of the guage face to make it brighter and I saw another guy use colored cellophane to change the color of his HVAC. I'm sure you can do the same thing with the guages.

Heres a pic of the modded HVAC done by biohazard on CSS:

I'm going to do this project pretty soon on mine also. I want all blue interior lights in my car.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I believe the gauges on most newer cars are soldered on LED's. It isn't too difficult to change them if you have some soldering experience and some knowledge of electrical boards.

Its mainly taking apart the gauge cluster, unsoldering the old LEDs and soldering new ones in their place.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Theres somebody who has already done that on CSS. It turns out that the cluster contained tiny lil incandescent bulbs. The project took a couple of weeks complete, because he had to add a bunch of LEDs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts