G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 G5 base replacing rear speakers. I have removed the bottom rear seat, rear corner panels, head rests, 4 bolts from trunk holding bottom of seat back on and entire trunk trim. what i can tell is where the latch that would release the folding seats it is secured some how. dont feel like its necessary to remove rear seat side trim panels. I am out of ideas other then forcing/cutting rear tabs behind seat hooding the package tray on. i have also tried a breaker bar lifting seat back from bottom in case its not a bolt holding seat back on. hope this thread is in correct section since its trim related to speakers. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update* i was prying at the top part of the seat to get a closer look at whats securing it and found a latch! i held the latch each way while pulling and pulling and pulling while prying at bottom of seat. seems like latch is intended to go towards back but did not have any luck. i am debating if i should put 4 bolts back in at base of seat back from trunk to try latch again. thanks again for any help!

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
I'm having difficulties figuring out what you're trying to do. Is there a problem with your folding seats? You should be able to just pull the seat release from the trunk (it is on the underside of the deck, near the speakers) and shove the seats down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
update* i was prying at the top part of the seat to get a closer look at whats securing it and found a latch! i held the latch each way while pulling and pulling and pulling while prying at bottom of seat. seems like latch is intended to go towards back but did not have any luck. i am debating if i should put 4 bolts back in at base of seat back from trunk to try latch again. thanks again for any help!
I know the rear seat pops out easily! The upper part of the rear seat, (on the split seats) it also comes out! If you fold the rear seat back down then look on the side, there is a tab u push with a flat screw driver & it pops out so, driver side rear, when inside car facing the trunk with seat back folded down, look at the right side between the seat & the plastic trim, you push on that tab with a flat screw driver! There is a you tube video regarding removal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts