G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the problem of their rear view mirror shaking with the vibrations of the car when it's hot out?

It doesn't have anything to do with the stereo and it goes away after a little while. Just wondering if this is just my car, or a common issue. Nothing major, since the high wing spoiler blocks the back window in the main spot where cars are visible lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've never noticed actually, then again, I always have the stereo on...I'll have to check it out this weekend. My guess is it's a common problem. If the bass can point the rear-view to the floor (aftermarket stereo), I don't think the pivot on it is very strong.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. I was at the parts department of my dealer today, and the guy had never heard of anyone having a problem with it. Then again, I was the first and only person to bu a G5 from there lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah I have noticed that too, my mirrors vibrates regardless of how much bass is playing, its really kind of annoying to use the mirror when its like that.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
when its hot out the plastics/materials expand and get loose. when it cools down they return to normal and tighten up. in winter they will be slightly stiffer because the materials will contract

1 - 6 of 6 Posts