G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they are like dome lights and go on and off with the doors and locks. also stay on for a while after the car goes off and they can be manually turned on with each side individually by pressing a button on the bottom of the mirror. i want to change the bulbs in them and can get the plastic covers off, but cant get the bulbs out. there has to be an easier way lol

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i have a sunroof

im pretty sure they are 195 lights just like the license plate light. i just cant get them to change them lol

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the translucent lens comes off with a couple clips built in - you can take it off with your key.

the bulbs are just recessed enough that my fingers cant get in there to pull the bulbs out

i think there might be a way to get at it from behind (lol wow) but i cant figure it out

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea, the lens just pops out. Heres the easiest method to prevent breaking the lil clips.

I used a flathead percision screwdriver.
Insert the screwdriver into the slot furthest to the outside of the lens, then gently pry to the inside and down to pull the lens down.
Then to put the lens back on place, place the 2 inside clips in place first, and gently pop the rest of the lens in place.

Heres a pic to help:

Hell, this might make a good how to Farfromnormal

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol thanks but i know how to take them off. now i just need to know how to get the light bulb out!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey, I just got it. The bulb has a flat plugin that sits vertical. I put the screwdriver near the plug and pried the bulb upwards. Came right out with no damage.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great. sounds just like a 195 bulb

i have an extra at home from when i replaced my license plate frame bulb for a colored one

ill give it a try tonight and see

·
Registered
77 Posts
lol. So what is the bulb size. I want to make them a super white to match my head lights. didnt someone once post all the bulb sizes for our cars. where is that post????

1 - 20 of 41 Posts