G5 Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly D-man
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to remove the rearview mirror off the bracket or off the windshield? Any info would help

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
I've not looked at the rear view mirror in my G5, but normally there is a torx screw that holds the base of the mirror on a bracket that is glued to the windshield.

·
Formerly D-man
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I take the screw out I take off the assembly without removing the base from the window?

·
#low
1,537 Posts
I keep one of those torx drivers in my car at all times cause my screw likes to back off every couple months and then i get hit with a mirror.

·
Formerly D-man
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol Yea I have a screwdriver with 5 different heads in my glovebox all the time! Comes in handy lol

·
#low
1,537 Posts
I know, im just extremely lazy and dont feel like buying thread loc. I need to do my sunroof screws too somethings rattling around up there as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know, im just extremely lazy and dont feel like buying thread loc. I need to do my sunroof screws too somethings rattling around up there as well.
Can't stand rattles! I at least have to know what is causing it. May not be able to fix it, but at least I know what the cause is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anybody know how to remove the rearview mirror off the bracket or off the windshield? Any info would help
I have never removed the rearveiw mirror from my G5 but, I got one out of a G5 with a sunroof which had 2 lights built into the rear view mirror so, I will be installing the used/new to me, onstar rear view mirror! Try removing the screw then IF NEEDED, Apply pressure upwards very carefully, not to break the windsheild.

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
I have never removed the rearveiw mirror from my G5 but, I got one out of a G5 with a sunroof which had 2 lights built into the rear view mirror so, I will be installing the used/new to me, onstar rear view mirror! Try removing the screw then IF NEEDED, Apply pressure upwards very carefully, not to break the windsheild.
Old thread. But, to clarify, once the grub screw (small allen) is loosened/removed, the mirror assembly should easily slide towards the headliner, and off the bracket. There are kits to re-attatch the bracket onto the windshield, if it fell off cleanly. If it broke away from the glass with a shard, insurance typically covers the windshield replacement.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts