G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear window defroster isn't working. I have checked the relay and fuse and have 12V at both sides of the fuse. I don't have any voltage at connector to grid. I do have continuity from the grid to ground. Problem is somewhere in wiring from fuse to grid. Where can I find the connector for the wiring? I assume one is burnt from what I have seen on the internet about other car. It is a 2007 G5 GT. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
you stated you checked the fuse with a voltmeter but what about the relay, did you test whether the relay passes current when it is energized?

·
#low
1,537 Posts
No need to make 2 posts, your first couple are moderated and sometimes it takes a few minutes.

As far as your problem, I doubt your connector to the defog grid is the problem, I would be willing to bet there is a broken wire or loss of voltage beforehand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My button lights up & relay clicks when I turn on my rear defogger but, No voltage at rear window tabs when connected or not? I accessed ground on the door latch & again at the bolt for baby seat hold down located on the deck lid. Still 0-volts. I peeled back the minimal amount of plastic within the rear driver side back seat,(opened the seat exposing the trunk, pulled a plastic rivet & peeled open 1 piece of trim & I see a harness filled with wires. Is the purple wire for the rear defogger within that bunch of wires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
you stated you checked the fuse with a voltmeter but what about the relay, did you test whether the relay passes current when it is energized?
On my G5, the rear defogger switch lights up, the relay clicks but, no voltage at the rear window! Where does the rear defogger wire run? Driver side, pass side, or the head liner? I want to trace it from defroster switch back to the window & find the issue? Can anyone e help me find its routing path?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts