G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went into the dealer today for a few reflashes,one was for above mentioned,after the reflash the car pulls like a race horse on steriods,the car has never worked this good and the other reflash was for 'underload' when you have your ac on and the car bogs out a little,well no more.
now most dealers don't know about these reflashes,so you will have to have an existing problem(make it up) to get this done under warrenty.You have to go to the warrenty section at CSS,Kasioboy has a thread called "SPS INFO",click on the link he provided,you will have to enter your VIN to access the reflash info,you should print and take all these reflah stuff to the dealer,mine was happy to get them cause they knew nothing about them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PursuitGT said:
Ive been to the site before: http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

For those that havent you might want to maybe tell them where to click to get the information they need to print.
thats the one,I'm very surprised the dealer did not know about it.now I have heard this,three times now.They say that GM in the states is lousy at passing info to dealerships in Canada

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
could this cause a noise in first and second gear around 3000-3500 rpm when accelerating? kinda like a quiet metallic hissing. it also happens whan im at about 3000-3500 rpm let off the gas but with the clutch engaged. do you think this will fix the noise, this recalibration reflash or whatever?

·
Registered
46 Posts
REFLASHING

HEY SO THIS IS A RECALL OR WHAT? IS THIS COVERED UNDER THE BUMBER TO BUMBER WARRENTY OR POWER TRAIN? AND NAME THE THREE THINGS THAT I CAN SAY TO GET THE STUFF COVERED, TAKE NOTE MINE IS NOT THE GT AND IS AUTO.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
HEY SO IS THERE A RECALL ON CAPS LOCK OFF BUTTONS. THEY SEEM TO NOT BE WORKING

·
Registered
649 Posts
g5mike said:
PursuitGT said:

For those that havent you might want to maybe tell them where to click to get the information they need to print.
thats the one,I'm very surprised the dealer did not know about it.now I have heard this,three times now.They say that GM in the states is lousy at passing info to dealerships in Canada
I think what he means is after you enter your VIN number what part are you supposed to choose to get TSBinfo?

They should be doing this even if you don't have another "warranty" issue.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
farfrmnormal said:
g5mike said:
PursuitGT said:

I think what he means is after you enter your VIN number what part are you supposed to choose to get TSBinfo?

They should be doing this even if you don't have another "warranty" issue.
Exactly! go to the site and enter your VIN,just print out "ALL" reflashes and take it to the dealer,complain>eg:"my car is bogging out badly"they will run these relashes and you will see a difference.If they ask you where you got em at,just say "you have a friend who is a service writer and he sent them to you hoping that it might resolve any of the existing issue you are having with your car.
Note.these reflashes are for "all models"

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
G5mike if you could copy and paste what it is you printed that would make things easier for those who don't have there VIN with them at the computer. Then we can STICKY this for other as I'm sure this will come up often.

·
Registered
649 Posts
g5mike said:
Exactly! go to the site and enter your VIN,just print out "ALL" reflashes and take it to the dealer,complain>eg:"my car is bogging out badly"they will run these relashes and you will see a difference.If they ask you where you got em at,just say "you have a friend who is a service writer and he sent them to you hoping that it might resolve any of the existing issue you are having with your car.
I checked the site out and there are TONNES of parts that need this done.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
farfrmnormal said:
g5mike said:
I checked the site out and there are TONNES of parts that need this done.
great news,is it not? like i said though,most dealers in Canada do not know about this yet,so stroke their ego,and don't come off sounding like they don't know their job...could you also make that site a sticky so members always have it to refer to at the top of the page?
I'm am so happy about how the car is running,I think i'm finally gonna put my coltcams decals on the window.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
so if i go to my dealer, what do i need to print out off that site, and what do i need to ask them to do?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
karnivor said:
so if i go to my dealer, what do i need to print out off that site, and what do i need to ask them to do?
only go if you are having hesitation,misfire etc.. type issues,you print off that list,explaining to them,that you got this from a "tech friend' LOl and that person thought this might solve your problem

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
would a quick chug once in a while before taking off/suddenly accelerating be considered hesitation?

also idk if it deals with this fix but when i shift into second after redlining first gear, it kinda hits 4500 rpm then drops to 4000 and takes like a second to kick in to pulling power. and 4000 is like primo power but it takes a sec to pull.

and it is really loud from the engine bay when i turn on the ac ha ha

1 - 20 of 58 Posts