G5 Club banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
My 2 theories are as follow

1) It has been deathly cold here for the past week, dunno if that is a cause, but it wasn't an issue last year when it got this cold.
2) Something to do with the niggling issue about the shifter thinking it isn't in park, when it actually is. The manual says that the remote start won't work when you aren't in park, so this could be it I suppose.
it's not #1 mines been working fine all week

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well its going in next week on Thursday, so we will hopefully get all this sorted out then.

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
I realized the other day that you can only remote start a car twice before it makes you put the key in. So maybe something wrong with the key cylinder?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Alright, so I was at the dealer today, and its all fixed now.

Chippeh was right, as usual, it was throwing a code, B0006 I think, which has to do with the hood latch sensor switch. Basically the car thought the hood was open, thus disabling the remote start. I was just surprised since the code didn't show on my readers.

Anyways, its all good now.

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You shouldn't have told me that. You should have just made some shit up about the parking sensor or something. This is gonna go to my head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, mine stopped working again. Lights flash and everything and horn honks several times on its own with no one doing anything. The first time it stopped working I found a wire broke off on the sensor in the air intake on the left side. Fixed that and it worked again. Don't know yet what my problem is this time. Hope this helps.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts