G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They didn't have this option in 06 or my GT would have had it. The dealership said they can't install the 07 command start... too many things to have to change out. So I was just wondering what are good name brands and what places in Canada are fairly reliable when it comes to installation of these puppies? Thanks

I'm thinking Compustar and have it installed by a friend...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Compustar is pretty good.

I'm not sure if your friend is a reliable place in Canada to have it installed though :lol:

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
True, unless he / she works for them?

But I would be weary about the harness, I "heard" its a little sensitive to intrusions such as aftermarket remot starters or the like.

but check it out, probly won't have any problems. :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
ask tank. he's having an alarm installed with something to do with that I think and he said it was going to be expensive due to having to trick the ecu

·
Registered
341 Posts
go to best buy they did mine and ive never had any problems. free instalation if u buy the starter from them too!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I'd have to say as well... Futureshop/BestBuy... they back their work by warranty and stand behind it. You have any problems you can stop at any one of their locations with a shop.

That is where I got my alarm/powerlocks installed. They even rigged up remote unlock for my trunk free. I run the Viper 5000 alarm system.

Their installers are all certified.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Its not that difficult to add the remote start. The reason why the dealership won't do it is because it is a factory installed option. They will not touch anything that is not allocated to be a dealer addition (Such as the performance intake, for example). The dealerships are restricted from putting in things GM wants to restrict them from installing. Hence why you cannot get a GM dealer to reflash your car's computer to enable it to have Cruise if the car didn't have it to begin with (Provided you found a cruise control wheel panel.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Renesis said:
just go at a place where they sell install radios and new windshields, if you were in Quebec I could have recommended lots of places

also be sure they destroy your key!
why would he have to destroy his key??

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
*cringes* I don't know about you, but I wouldn't go to a place that sells and installs both electronics, and windshields?... but thats just me. :p

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah, they said that it's do able (compustar cas thats what im getting) but it'll be expensive because I have power locks etc... and want it all configured into one remote. They also said that they have to do some bypass thing due to the fact that our cars cannot be hotwired NO matter what, a key is needed to start and a remote start is basically remotely hot wiring the vehicle. So they have to trick our car into thinking theres a key in the ignition or it becomes a 20,000 paper weight until it goes back to gm to get fixed.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
McGuyver said:
*cringes* I don't know about you, but I wouldn't go to a place that sells and installs both electronics, and windshields?... but thats just me. :p
here they're always the same places automobile accessories are sold in windshield places :wink:

why would he have to destroy his key??
if he doesn't it's way too easy for the thief to have a 100% working key as soon as he's in the car :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts