G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently install the Injen Intake in the the 2.4L G5.

Since its still rainy season and the CAI didn't come with a bypass valve I'm currently using the Injen as a short ram. (bypass valve is currently on order, will convert to CAI once it arrives)

My question is has anybody else installed an Intake and noticed that the car won't push to the red-line anymore? It chokes out about 200-300 RPMS before RED, which it didn't do prior to the intake installation. I did disconnect the negative terminal while installing the intake. however it does not appear that the ECU has been reset.

Does anybody know the proccess for resetting the ECU on these things? Anybody else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
njg5gt said:
how long dd you leave the battery unconnected for?

my car doesnt do that, but mine is CAI
it was only disconnected long enough to remove the stock air box and replace with short ram. So i would say it was disconnected for less than an hour.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
that should have been plenty. try it again. leave it off fo about a half hour, ust to be sure. also check your maf connector to just make sure its on and seated properly

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
njg5gt said:
that should have been plenty. try it again. leave it off fo about a half hour, ust to be sure. also check your maf connector to just make sure its on and seated properly

I'll try it again when I get home tonight
Thanks

G

·
Question, where is your cai going to be located?

cause unless you drive through 3 feet of water, there is no point for a bypass. Its just an excuse for them to make more money, for them to sell you something that makes sense, but isnt practical.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
I hate to say it, but I agree with him on this one haha
A bypass for the CAI is not practical. A better investment would be a hydroshield for the filter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed It might take a few days for the ECU to reset, however Its been over a week and a tank and half of gas, therefore i don't believe it should take more than 350miles to reset itself.

those of you non-believers of the bypass valve, it clearly states on the CAI section not to be used in rainy/moist enviornments (could cause engine damage). And since this is still hurricane season in South Florida, there is a very good chance that on any given day i'll be driving through a puddle that could be over a foot deep. Thus the reason for the bypass valve.

As for Someone looking to make more money on it, Injen doesn't even make one that I was able to find, I ordered one from an on-line retailer. (just as a side note, my NISMO CAI for my other car, came with the bypass valve as well as solid piece to be used instead.)

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
I'm not saying its not effective, im just saying that in most cases it's not useful. if you're driving through a foot of water daily, a CAI is not for you in general. good luck though I hope it works out for you, sounds like you have some serious weather down there now haha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
njg5gt said:
I'm not saying its not effective, im just saying that in most cases it's not useful. if you're driving through a foot of water daily, a CAI is not for you in general. good luck though I hope it works out for you, sounds like you have some serious weather down there now haha
If you're driving through a foot of water daily its not good for anycar. Actually its been a very mild rainy season, but anyday can bring a shitstorm, which we gotta be ready for.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
I know on G6Performance, that the 2.4Ls that put CAI on lean out the car accally even on the stock PCM caliberation. It possible that you might be suffering from a simular incedent. But the CEL should be on....... When you turn your car on does the CEL atleast light up? Maybe you have a CEL from being to lean and the light it out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dre said:
I know on G6Performance, that the 2.4Ls that put CAI on lean out the car accally even on the stock PCM caliberation. It possible that you might be suffering from a simular incedent. But the CEL should be on....... When you turn your car on does the CEL atleast light up? Maybe you have a CEL from being to lean and the light it out.
Ok, you'll have to excuse me for being a NOOB.... What is CEL, and what are you talking about, i'm not following this at all. (spell check might help me out also)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
zigggy56 said:
Dre said:
Ok, you'll have to excuse me for being a NOOB.... What is CEL, and what are you talking about, i'm not following this at all. (spell check might help me out also)
Check Engine Light!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PursuitGT said:
zigggy56 said:
Dre said:
Check Engine Light!

Ah, now i see. no The Check Engine Light is not on. As far as the car is concerned everything appears to be normal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts