G5 Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent road trip got me 35, nearly 36mpg highway! On a 2.4 engine!! And, for his 200K mile birthday, Gil was treated to a new spare tire & 'engine front' rebuild, of sorts. Mostly out of precaution. While at the dealership (yes, I know, but had the money to spend), Gil was under the unusually capable hands of Sue. She spotted a few things that would soon be due while 'under the wrench', and maxed out my labor cost opportunity. They even took care of a noisy engine vibration!

As for the picture, granted the measurement of horsepower is not exact, based only on distance, acceleration, and an appropriate weight. I have NEVER gotten any number past around 150! I only have a CAI and cat-back custom performance exhaust.

Looking forward to at least 80K, maybe even a final 100K more!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed a Gonkulator, Sub-space field generator, and a partial Flux capacitor.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

·
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really, a guide or two, both tensioners, both cam sprockets, chains, and a weeping front main seal. Wondering whether the oil consumption will subside. It wasn't all that a concern to begin with, but if it drops to, like, near-nothing, well, dang!

·
562 Posts
These cars get great gas mileage if you're not standing on the gas/brake pedals. I knew you were working on the timing chain set, but I don't think that would've made much, if any, a difference in MPG (granted I could very well be wrong, timing is everything on an interference engine).

I really need to redo my Torque app.

·
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can FEEL the valve timing kick in, in the low 2K rpms again, DEFINITE acceleration from anywhere, balistic above 3K rpms! Also, the light crackling/burble decelerating in gear is a bit stronger. I'd love to take Gil out on another nice road trip, but that will have to wait until next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts