G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there with an RKSport Ram Air hood have pictures of the under-side? I understand that its true ram air and I've found pics of the hood from the outside of the car, I guess I was just curious to see what it looked like underneath and if there was a "catch" for water or anything, rather than just 2 holes in the hood, haha

·
Premium Member
12,863 Posts
I remember seeing pictures somewhere, and it isn't just a hood with holes in it. It has some duct work molded into it, and a way to handle water. CherryGT has one, so maybe he will comment.

·
So Delicious !
5,291 Posts
It does have a channel for water diversion.
I've drove in pouring down rain and then opened the hood and no water from the ram air part came in. The only thing I don't like is that after a rain or a car wash, a little water gets trapped in this channel and when you open the hood it runs out near the hood latch striker bar. It takes a few days for it to dry out of there.

Not the best pic but best I could do for right now.
That what you want to see ?

Vehicle Car Red Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, thanks Cherry GT!

Hm, so does the air come through that rounded hole right where the hood latch is (near where the intake goes to the engine) or does the air flow along that channel that wraps back to where the air filter ordinarily sits?

How come you got rid of yours Cherry?

·
So Delicious !
5,291 Posts
The air comes in the 2 scoops in the hood and of course exits the hood where the stock filter sits.
The water comes out of the hole in the bottom of the hood at the hood latch striker bar. Thats why I said when you open the hood after water exposure, water comes out that hole :(

GOT RID OF MINE ??????
I took that pic last night and said it was the best I could do for now. lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, alright, I understand now. Which, looking back, you did explain it well, I guess I just wasn't paying as much attention as I thought I was, ah.

Sorry, I misread that as well and I was looking at some of your pics and only saw the one with the hood so I jumped to conclusions without paying attention to the fact that you had just said you took the pic last night. I'm sorry!

Thanks for showing me the pic though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts