G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just snapped some new pictures of her today. These are my 2 favorites.

If this car were a woman, I'd be a married man!

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
I've seen Cobalts in that color, and I thought the G5 would look really good in that color too. It looks sporty, and at the same time, it looks professional too. It looks really nice!!!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
if there would have been a gt in that color sitting on the lot when I bought my car I don't think I would be driving an orange car

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad that the pains that I went through to find it have been worthwhile. The toughest part was to get the necessary features with the color I wanted yet with a manual transmission (which is absolutely necessary for any car that is even remotely sporty). I almost had to get GM to custom build it for me!

My salesman (who was about an hour away from me since local dealers couldn't help) had to go 300 miles to get it. He did his homework and earned my business.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
I know what you mean. I had to wait for 5 weeks for my car to get in. Seems that New Jersey wasn't on the ball with manual transmissions with this car and the three dealerships i tried couldn't find a manual within 100 miles of me. Weird...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah I was going to get that color too, but they couldnt find one anywhere remotely close to me, and the one they did find was a bare bones base, with except it had a sunroof for some odd reason. But it looks great man, I still like that color alot

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya guys. For some reason, manual transmissions are a definite rarity in these cars in NJ. I visited a couple different dealerships until the dealer located mine out in NE Penn and drove out with his wife to get it here. lol. So, I ended up getting it with 100 miles on it, but no automatics for me (even in city traffic). :D That blue is a real nice color though - I too, was wondering if they made the g5's in that color. Now I know! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea G5s with a manual trasmission are rare around here too. Actually, I think I have the only one out of town because I had to order it from Dallas, which is 5 hours away. The reason for it is obvious around here....lazy ******** LMAO

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Shit, i'm gonna move there...75% of the town are ******** and theres about 4 or 5 annoying country stations, 1 of them is right in town

·
Registered
50 Posts
LMAO...I'll take one country station, just to hear something different around here. Also, when you know someone that builds a subwoofer box out of an old Igloo cooler, then we'll talk about ********...lol

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
mikeyboy0382 said:
LMAO...I'll take one country station, just to hear something different around here. Also, when you know someone that builds a subwoofer box out of an old Igloo cooler, then we'll talk about ********...lol
LMAO, I've seen ******** cut holes in their toolboxes for speakers and people with megaphones hooked up to their stereos, but nothing compares to the igloo subwoofer box!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts