G5 Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Im new to the community and thought I’d share my build with you guys! I went all in with my Pontiac G5 GT 2008, and here’s what I have so far:

• JE Pistons
  • Molnar Rods
  • ARP Head Studs
  • 82# Valve Springs
  • LE5 Performance Cams
  • 60# Injectors
  • 2.4 Turbo Kit with k04
  • ZZP high voltage coil packs
  • 3” downpipe & catback exhaust
  • OTTP Motor & Transmission mounts
  • AEM TruBoost
  • KW V1 Suspension

I’m very happy with it so far, I t’s night and day difference from stock! I installed all parts on my garage, so can provide assistance to people wanting to do the same (though by no means I’m an expert) 😄.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive exterior Auto part

Circuit component Audio equipment Electronic component Electronic engineering Engineering

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to see someone living the dream! Is the suspension likewise 'built' to handle it?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I’ve really been enjoying it! My dad left me that car and he had it since brand new. I’ve always loved it, has always been super reliable. Thought about selling it, but no price could ever match my love for it so I just improved it and decided to keep it.

I think this car had 2 major makeovers, first was the tubo, second was that suspension. Thought about getting BC Racing Coilovers but I don’t know how to adjust camber lol, so I just went with these KW V1s. Car feels great and I could not ask more from them!

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
126 Posts
You sure did some nice work there. I would have LOVE to boost my '07, when I had the motor out. This is my daily and I wanted to just get it done and back on the road.

I have a set of LE5 performance cams as well, but I have yet to install them. I've been too busy trying to get the car running and not have any CEL's come up.

Reactions: g5gtmx

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
I have a set of LE5 performance cams as well, but I have yet to install them
Dang, they're still not in yet? Atleast this give you time to get new valve springs

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dang, they're still not in yet? At least this give you time to get new valve springs
I have the new springs installed. I ordered the cams around Christmas and had to deal with a F_ckTARD, who was "working" on the car. He had it for 15 weeks and ONE day and manage to get only 3 hours of work on it. I needed 6 police officers and a call to a lawyer to get my car back!!!

Plus, I got my GTO back from getting mini-tubbed. I've been spending any waking minute I have working on getting that back together.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
had to deal with a F_ckTARD, who was "working" on the car. He had it for 15 weeks and ONE day and manage to get only 3 hours of work on it
It took him 3 hours to incorrectly install a few different Throttle bodys? I could incorrectly install one in half an hour lol
Good to hear ur keeping busy though. And I cant blame ya for prioritizing the GTO considering how long you've been doing work on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the new springs installed. I ordered the cams around Christmas and had to deal with a F_ckTARD, who was "working" on the car. He had it for 15 weeks and ONE day and manage to get only 3 hours of work on it. I needed 6 police officers and a call to a lawyer to get my car back!!!

Plus, I got my GTO back from getting mini-tubbed. I've been spending any waking minute I have working on getting that back together.
Dang, that sucks! I had horrible jobs done to this car by multiple mechanics over the years (way before installing the turbo), until I got fed up. I decided to work on my car from then on, and it has really paid off! If you want things done correctly, you have to do them yourself.
I took about 2 years to learn how to do it and gather the correct tools though, so not an easy process lol.

There are 3 videos on YouTube from JC Car Modz. They helped me TONS, as I was definitely was hesitant to do the piston / rod install myself until I watched his videos. He makes it look easier than it is though 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: This is how engine bay looks now! 2 major changes:

- Had to remove the ZZP "High Voltage" Coil packs and re-install the OEM ones. Car was running like crap under acceleration and the P0300 code was flashing on the dash. Changed spark plugs / re-gapped them, changed the intake seals and cleaned the throttle body. Turns out it was the spark plugs all along. Would not recommend.

-Had a custom engine plaque done! Was not digging the DDMWorks my valve cover came with.

Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dang, that sucks! I had horrible jobs done to this car by multiple mechanics over the years (way before installing the turbo), until I got fed up. I decided to work on my car from then on, and it has really paid off! If you want things done correctly, you have to do them yourself.
I took about 2 years to learn how to do it and gather the correct tools though, so not an easy process lol.

There are 3 videos on YouTube from JC Car Modz. They helped me TONS, as I was definitely was hesitant to do the piston / rod install myself until I watched his videos. He makes it look easier than it is though 🤣
Oh, I'veworked on ALL my cars. I did a engine swap (unfortunately, it was only removing a bad motor to swap in a good one) on my G5. Once it was all back together, I started getting tons of gremlins. I would work on clearing the codes (which I had as many as 9 at one point) down to one. I'd change a partand the car would go CRaY-crAy. The car went into limp mode and wouldn't ven start. That's when I gave up and took it to my fathers friend.

2 weeks after I dropped off the car, my father passed away. I stopped by the shop to inform him of what was going on and let him know abput the services. This "friend" never showed up t the funeral or memorial...some friend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, I'veworked on ALL my cars. I did a engine swap (unfortunately, it was only removing a bad motor to swap in a good one) on my G5. Once it was all back together, I started getting tons of gremlins. I would work on clearing the codes (which I had as many as 9 at one point) down to one. I'd change a partand the car would go CRaY-crAy. The car went into limp mode and wouldn't ven start. That's when I gave up and took it to my fathers friend.

2 weeks after I dropped off the car, my father passed away. I stopped by the shop to inform him of what was going on and let him know abput the services. This "friend" never showed up t the funeral or memorial...some friend.
Ohh gotcha! Man, that sounds like a nightmare, but kudos for swapping the engine yourself! I don't know if I would tackle that big of a job on my own, I sometimes struggle with very simple tasks (like swapping an axle seal most recently) and feel like I want to cry because the car does not cooperate 🤣. I wouldn't imagine having to swap the whole engine!

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope everything is sorted out with your car soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts