G5 Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
You may wanna hold off on that. Sirius and XM (last I heard) were considering and even starting talks on merging together. Not sure how things are progressing, been rather quiet.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
The deal is going slowly. Go ahead and buy it, you wont regret it. Sirius is awesome. even if they do merge all the equipment will still work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i currently have a sirius reciever that uses fm bands problem is that there aren't many open frequencies around here and the audio in on the reciever is broken...

i am just wondering if this will work in our cars, if anyone has hard wired a reciever like this into tier G5

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
DartBaron said:
You may wanna hold off on that. Sirius and XM (last I heard) were considering and even starting talks on merging together. Not sure how things are progressing, been rather quiet.
yeah i am not sure if xm and sirius merging would be a good or bad thing

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
They have to wait to get regulatory approvals, last i saw they were hoping it would happen in the next 4-6 months.

G

·
0 Posts
Why would they want to merge?? oh wait, money!!!

If they merge, expect the prices to go up, there would be no competition.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
Why would they want to merge?? oh wait, money!!!

If they merge, expect the prices to go up, there would be no competition.
That's sorta why the FCC (and I assume Industry Canada) don't want them merging, a definate monopoly on satellite radio in North America. There are a few more out there for us, but they cater more to business users.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
But Sirius and XM executives have deftly moved to assure customers, legislators and regulators that a merger may not be anti-competitive. For one, the companies announced a so-called a la carte plan that would let subscribers, who currently pay $12.99 a month for the standard Sirius or XM plan, pick and choose specific channels for a lower monthly rate if they so choose.
I believe i saw somewhere there looking to have some packages as low as 6.99

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
To keep this on thread on track, I suggest you divert your questions to this place..

http://xmfan.com/

Like this site, it's got lots of bull shit, but lots of good information also.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
PursuitGT said:
Now why would he want to go to an XM site to ask questions about useing a Sirius reciever?
I was talking about the XM/Sirius merger :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just to answer the original question, nope, it won't work, 07- G5's and Cobalts (i.e. the newer radio system) use GMLan, Class-2 Bus devices wont work, we just have to wait for Directed to decide to release the new unit for GMLan vehicles (was supposed to be out this previous summer).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to answer the original question, nope, it won't work, 07- G5's and Cobalts (i.e. the newer radio system) use GMLan, Class-2 Bus devices wont work, we just have to wait for Directed to decide to release the new unit for GMLan vehicles (was supposed to be out this previous summer).
I emailed tssradio.com about it for my '08 GEEE 5, and according to them, the SIRGM-3 is supposed to be available by the end of this summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts