G5 Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else experiencing (especially with 2005-early 2006 pursuits) a clunking noise going over bumps etc. mainly happens going into parking lots, or over speed bumps, or on certain sized pot holes. Sounds like a strut mount. I know one person that had it, and it was a suspension bushing...

Going to book a service appointment, but just want to see thoughts on it too to see if it is just a few, or a lot having that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
34,000 KM.. so I still have coverage... just got the car though.. so I don't totally know if it is 'normal' or not.. lol.. I do have warranty though till 100,000 KM.. gives me plenty of time to get it in and get it fixed ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update.. just for the record of the post for future reference.

It was a loose steering shaft. Replaced under warrranty, and it's completely gone now. Only problem remaining is they didn't completely centre the steering wheel. But that will be an easy fix.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Smokey said:
update.. just for the record of the post for future reference.

It was a loose steering shaft. Replaced under warrranty, and it's completely gone now. Only problem remaining is they didn't completely centre the steering wheel. But that will be an easy fix.
Easy fix that you shouldn't have to pay for.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
exactely. They fixed it today. Perfectly centered now, and I'm again happy.. it should have been done centered the first time, but hey what do I know. always plan on doing a follow up service on every repair item at the dealer I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts