G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my vht nightshades sitting in front of me. in about an hour ill be tinting lenses!

my weapon r intake will be here on tuesday.

window tints very soon

lowering springs in the spring

so pumped

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
you will love the tinted tails, lol. good luck. hope they turn out awesome 8)

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill find out soon. how dark is one coat? i guess ill be able to see for myself soon. im considering one coat on the headlights, just to haze them, but im not sure how dark it will be.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
dont do the headlights, it takes at least 2 coats to get the splotches out. casue its light coats, 3 just covers it nicely. thats waht mine are done at.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
njg5gt said:
yeha id stay away from tinting the headlights, but good luck!
Yeah, the cops are really busy pulling over Uzi packing drug runners out here and tinted headlights on a black car is usually a giveaway of them haha.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ended up not doing the headlights or main tail lights but it still looks damn good. ill get pics up as soon as i can

i checked the laws around here(michigan) and tinted headlights are not any problem durring the day (they could be black) but at night they have to emit a white/yellow light. as long as the tint isnt too dark that it drastically changes the color/brightness your fine.

brake lights need to bee seen as red from 500 feet away when lit.

my dad just didnt want to screw up the big lights because they would be expensive to replace.

im just looking into black headlights now

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my dad doesnt want me to take the headlights apart because if i screw them up they will be expensive to replace. im looking into the ones already painted black on ebay. they are like 95 bucks with 40 dollar shipping so 135 usd. yay math

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
06blackbeauty said:
07g5gt said:
the GT head lights have a tinit to them but i still like the blacked out lights better
the o7's do not the 05 or 06's
I don't think my 07GT has tinted head lights. They look crystal clear when I wash them. I've not seen tinted headlights on any G5 either. Are you sure about this? Although I've heard that the Cobalt SS has tinted headlights.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
toolman said:
06blackbeauty said:
07g5gt said:
the GT head lights have a tinit to them but i still like the blacked out lights better
the o7's do not the 05 or 06's
I don't think my 07GT has tinted head lights. They look crystal clear when I wash them. I've not seen tinted headlights on any G5 either. Are you sure about this? Although I've heard that the Cobalt SS has tinted headlights.
mine don't have any tint on them either!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts