G5 Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys think the 18" Solstice GXP chrome rims would look on a G5 GT, and would they be simply a straight swap? My buddy is getting new rims for his Solstice and is willing to sell me all 4 rims for $300 (not including rubber), just wondering what people think it would look like or maybe it has been done already? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Bolt patern to my knolege is the same on G6, G5, Colbalt, solstice, malibu, GTO, monte carlo, so on :p IMO it would look good on your G5er GT :) 300 for the rims is CHEAP! even if you dont like them you would get well more then that. Are they the chrome ones? If they are the chrome package solstice 18" they sell like 1200 new for set. If not the chrome and the aluinum they still sell for 800ish for a set. And these are all also without tires.

Go for it! 8)

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Renesis said:
DON'T GET 'EM!

THEY DON'T FIT!

a member of CSS.net tried putting sky redline wheels on his SS/SC and they did not fit.

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72008
Really? I though all of us had the same bolt patern? I know they fit the G6. But I thought you guys had the same bolt pattern

Am sorry for saying that they do :oops:

·
Registered
547 Posts
The bolt pattern might not be the problem, the offset and width of those wheels probably causes issues in the G5.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys... looks like they won't fit without a major headache or more money which I can't afford at the time being.

Although it would look bitchin to have a G5 with stock Pontiac rims that not only look sweet, but no one else would have on a G5.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Dre said:
Renesis said:
DON'T GET 'EM!

THEY DON'T FIT!

a member of CSS.net tried putting sky redline wheels on his SS/SC and they did not fit.

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72008
Really? I though all of us had the same bolt patern? I know they fit the G6. But I thought you guys had the same bolt pattern

Am sorry for saying that they do :oops:

bolt pattern isn't the issue, it's the offset which means they would need spacers and have a chance of rubbing. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts