G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got around to givin the car a good cleanin and put in the black headlights and decided to take a few pics,

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Did you paint the headlights yourself? If so i would suggest adding some red accent into them, that would really carry the whole black and red theme through the entire car 8)

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
car looks incredible!! where did you get those wheels?

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
Looks unique. I'm diggin' the SS lip.

With regards to PursuitGT's comments, maybe you could mask off everything but the "can shaped" part of the headlight and paint that "can shaped" part red.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
toolman said:

With regards to PursuitGT's comments, maybe you could mask off everything but the "can shaped" part of the headlight and paint that "can shaped" part red.
I was going to suggest the same.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Man, your car looks better and better every time I see it. That idea with the red accent in the headlights would look great. I saw a pic on CSS awhile back where somebody did that on a black balt.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
lookin good

·
Registered
341 Posts
PursuitGT said:
toolman said:

I was going to suggest the same.
i dunno if this is what your suggesting but maybe a red eyelid? and thank the good lord you took off all those deflectors looks real good now!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Car looks awesome! Def do a red accent on the inside of the headlights. I'm not a big fan of eyelids, so I suggest staying away from them. There are also redwall tires that I think would look good with your car. Also, paint the calipers and get some slotted and drilled rotors. There is group buy on cobaltss.net from an individual named uneek. I have his style d rotors and also purchased his semi metallic brake pads. Great deal! $300 US for all 4 wheels plus shipping.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats for the compliments, yeah i think some red on the lights would be a good idea, i never thought of that before, the car will be goin away for the winter soon so then i'm gonna paint the calipers and do a few other things.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Those the Konig Hotswaps? I picked up 4x 18" Hotswaps for my G5 not long ago. I left mine with the carbon fiber look, decided not to paint over. I also still need to lower my car, but don't have the money for lowering springs right now...

Here's some shots of the stock hotswaps:

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
o6redgt- i think it would look badass if you painted or swaped your spoiler for a black one.

and debadge because your car doesnt look too much like a cobalt/g5 anymore and you would confuse a lot of people.

the back is a bit to red for the theme. just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 33 Posts