G5 Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am getting ready for my big install and this was one one the many steps for me to take. I bought 50 sq feet of "B-Quiet Ultimate", and went to town on my trunk. This stuff better be worth it because it was one of the most tedious projects I have ever worked on. Anyways... Here is some pics.

My buddy Pat (black_bullet_ss) with me as always.

Left Side

Right side. Anyone know what that vent is????

In Progress.

About 2 hours in.

Finished!!!

Finished Left Side.

Finished Right side.

I also did the trunk lid but I dont have pics of it. I also used spray foam on the lid for down in the chambers.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The vent is to allow moisture to escape - prevents it from coming in.

Umm what are you putting in there that you need that much? Wait till you see Rob's car!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
good idea on sound deadening your trunk how big of sub are you putting in? and as for robs install that is insane

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are 10 inch subs. I have an awesome amp to drive them and a 2 farad cap. JL wiring kit and a fibreglass/MDF box. I am 90% sure i am going to put in my sony deck.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Right they are 10's, BUT 4 tens have more sub area then 2 - 12's. Either way, it will be loud.

My two tens are good for me.

I had two 12" Eclipse Titaniums in my old car, it was too loud.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i had 2 15s at 450 watts rms each in my 96 sable, it was cool but you couldn't hear the bass over the trunk lid rattling. ha ha

i just put one in my g5 and i can hurt myself (550 watts rms)

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i have just 1 10" alpine type r 600rms with 1 farad cap and couldn't be any happier

1 - 13 of 13 Posts