Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

a friend of mine with an '06 chevy cobalt managed to hook up his amp + alpine type R to his stock headunit. I was wondering if that's possible for a g5 as well? I've got an amp and two type R's I've been waiting to get in there. I kinda like the stock headunit, so I want to keep it in there with the subs / amp. What kinda adapters would I need? I'm guessing the stock HU doesn't have RCA outputs, so what would I use as an adapter from HU to RCA on amp? My friend had some kinda high to low frequency converter on his wires. It was a pretty small box that was right before the amp that switched from some type of wiring to the RCA's. If you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it greatly.

I've got the g5 base, with no premium sound system, so hopefully that makes it easier?

Please respond with any advice / links to items I need to purchase.

Thanks guys.

- RucHee

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
make sure to search the forum before posting, there are plenty of these topics posted.

you dont need any adapters, just tap your rear deck speakers and either get a line level converter or use the high level input on the amp. i also recommend getting a cap. it'll help keep everything stable. let me know if you have any other questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.