G5 Club banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
mine idles at 5000 RPM after i get done racing Dodge Vipers..

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
like # XP5263 ?
I have a set of those you could of had
they were in the turbo kit ????????
Supposed to be a range colder ???? they are not.
So I got NGK's
ha ha well that makes this experience less pleasing. ha ha thanks randy, but sadly, im too late

·
Premium Member
12,893 Posts
So, I have 89,700 miles on the stock plugs. I have not noticed a decrease in power or fuel economy. Should I worry about changing them? Should I pull them and inspect them?

·
Registered
267 Posts
im just throwin this out there, how often SHOULD plugs be changed.......

·
Registered
116 Posts
"All 1996 and newer vehicles have an OBD II onboard diagnostic system that tracks ignition misfires. When the rate of misfires exceeds a certain limit and causes emissions to increase 50% over baseline levels, it illuminates a warning light. Too bad older vehicle do not have this watchdog system. So on older vehicles, replacing the spark plugs at the recommended service intervals for preventive maintenance will reduce the risk of misfires and maintain peak engine performance. For standard spark plugs, the service interval is typically every 45,000 miles. For platinum spark plugs, it is 100,000 miles."

I change them every 30,000. But, obviously, that is pretty frequent by many standards. But they aren't that expensive so I just go ahead with it.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts