G5 Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2007 pontiac g5 gt and I need to change the spark plugs what would be a great brand because I've noticed there are a lot of different spark plugs out there and also one other question how can you tell if you have a 2.2 ecotech or a 2.4 ecotech engine thanks guys I'm pretty new to this

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
If you haven't already done so, check the gap on the plugs before you put them in. Pre-gapped is a nice advertising ploy, but it doesn't mean squat. Mine were all under spec. Gap those puppies yourself! Do it with as cold an engine as you can, and I rubbed a touch of anti-seize on the threads with a 'crayon' of the stuff. Some places say not to use it in our engines, but my old plugs sure came out nice and easy with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
So Delicious !
5,272 Posts
^^ but a true Iridium Spark Plug, you should not regap them, they are fragile and should already be set correct.

From experience and what I've heard, AC Delco or the equivalent NGK irridium plugs are the best.
Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! ^^ since they are made by ^^ I use NGK

·
#low
1,537 Posts
^^ but a true Iridium Spark Plug, you should not regap them, they are fragile and should already be set correct.

Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! ^^ since they are made by ^^ I use NGK

Yep, the Delco ones i took out have the NGK number stamped right on the plug below the delco number. My irriduims are doing fine however I plan on taking them out and checking the gap just in case since my fuel economy is still not 100% to where it was when i bought the car 40k ago.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
160k but Id do them at 100k personally. I noticed a performance and fuel econ gain at 100k with a plug change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts