G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question:

Hey guys, I just got my 2007 G5 Coupe about a month ago. The speakers sound great, butit seems as if there are only speakers in the back seats? I looked at my doors and there’s speakers on them so I don’t know if maybe they’re blown? But I feel like there should be sound in the front too, correct me if I’m wrong. And if I’m not wrong is there a settings way I can go in and make the sound in the frontal speakers also?

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
The front speakers tend to get water logged and corrode both the wires and the speakers; it's common with these cars. If you have a stock radio, I don't remember where the balance/fade options were, but they are there. Balance is Left/Right. Fade is Front/Back. If you hear no sounds from the front, you'll need to replace the speakers (I highly recommend just upgrading).

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front speakers tend to get water logged and corrode both the wires and the speakers; it's common with these cars. If you have a stock radio, I don't remember where the balance/fade options were, but they are there. Balance is Left/Right. Fade is Front/Back. If you hear no sounds from the front, you'll need to replace the speakers (I highly recommend just upgrading).
Yep you are right they’re toast, I finally located the audio settings and moved it to the front and heard crickets.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
It's not hard to change out; I would say about an hour per side if you do a more professional job with the wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts