G5 Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd take some pics. Got a stubby antenna, re-plasti-dipped my rims and I pulled my smoked Spyders apart and dipped the shrouds.

Click images for full size

I did have a couple misfortunes this winter, though. My lower grille is missing (no clue where it went), which lead to a small crack in the bumper. I also got rear ended. Minor scratches and part of the bumper mounting plastic broke, but a little touch up paint and a bit of epoxy fixed it right up!

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
Looks great! I bet if you painted the front grills, it would look even better! They're sort of grayish compared to everything else being a matte black.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! I bet if you painted the front grills, it would look even better! They're sort of grayish compared to everything else being a matte black.
I actually have been thinking the same thing for awhile now. I have Plasti-Dip already, so I just need to find the time and a nice enough day... this MN weather is making it hard though :/

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
I actually have been thinking the same thing for awhile now. I have Plasti-Dip already, so I just need to find the time and a nice enough day... this MN weather is making it hard though :/
I totally understand... :) It's not much better in Rochester.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Nice!!!!!! I second that the grills look great on the car when they are painted a nice semigloss black. I just touched mine up last week. Nice to see another Victory Red look so good!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally understand... :) It's not much better in Rochester.
St. Cloud is the worst place on the planet whenever something falls from the sky. You'd think people would remember how to drive seeing as it just melted this last week. Ugh. I almost got rear ended by a goddamn lifted truck again.

Nice!!!!!! I second that the grills look great on the car when they are painted a nice semigloss black. I just touched mine up last week. Nice to see another Victory Red look so good!!!!!!!
Okay, I'm definitely doing it now. Time to find some cardboard.
I fell in love with the victory red AFTER i blacked everything out, before I really really wanted to paint it a ruby color, but I could never pull together enough cash to get it painted. Now I think I'm going to keep the Victory for awhile :3

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
Okay, I'm definitely doing it now. Time to find some cardboard.
I fell in love with the victory red AFTER i blacked everything out, before I really really wanted to paint it a ruby color, but I could never pull together enough cash to get it painted. Now I think I'm going to keep the Victory for awhile :3
You can remove it to paint it with a little work. When you pop the hood, you'll see a bunch of removable plastic rivets that you can pull out to loosen the front bumper and the black plastic piece. You can reach down behind the grille to lift up on the clips that hold the painted piece that surrounds the grille. Then you can remove the black plastic piece. Randy says that the retainers that connect it to the foam bumper can be screwed out with a square head screwdriver. Then you can paint it without having to mask off the entire front of your car. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can remove it to paint it with a little work. When you pop the hood, you'll see a bunch of removable plastic rivets that you can pull out to loosen the front bumper and the black plastic piece. You can reach down behind the grille to lift up on the clips that hold the painted piece that surrounds the grille. Then you can remove the black plastic piece. Randy says that the retainers that connect it to the foam bumper can be screwed out with a square head screwdriver. Then you can paint it without having to mask off the entire front of your car. Good luck!
Since I'm going to be using Plasti-Dip, I don't really need to pull it off. I plan on putting a piece of cardboard behind it and using a bit of newspaper or plastic bags. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to mask, my front emblem was essentially the same process.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts