G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had/know of sprint springs?

http://www.sprintspring.com/

ive seen cars on cobalts ss with sportlines with 215 40 r18 and its slammed. i have 215 45 r18s and i think it would be cutting it too close. these are the next best thing because i want a slammed look too. the sprint springs are 1.6 in the front 1.9 in the back

since theres a .4 difference in tire diameter there wouldnt be a difference in wheel gap in the front, and a .2 inch difference in tire gap in the back between my car and the car i saw and liked so much.

seem like a good choice?

btw the car is the featured car on cobalt ss

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
as far as i know most springs are made to drop your car as low as possible for the biggest (suggested) wheel size (18"). The manufacturer should claim the drop to maintain clearance of "manufacturer defect" which would give you the slammed look on 18's without rubbing. i have never heard of the brand you speak of, but i have dropped 2" front and back and i don't rub at all on 18's. also the lower the profile of rubber the lower your car will look as well, it's not always about the springs....

...also, are you a sedan or coupe... one thing i've noticed is the coupes don't drop as low as the sedans... if you are a sedan, you might need to take almost an extra half inch into consideration on the drop. Eibach Sportline claimed a 1.75 front and 1.5 rear, both dropped and setteled at a full 2....

·
Registered
493 Posts
sprint springs are no worse or better,I prefer the canuckmotorsport springs same drop as the sprtlines but has less side to side movement making them better in the corners,plus they are cheaper than sportlines

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
yeah i bought the canuk motorsports off cruisin, tried them and them my sportlines came in... LOL! so i got two sets, i have the sportlines on now but i like 'em both... i'll probably put the canuks on my next car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts