G5 Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea so i just bought my g5 base used with only 5000 miles, twas a steal! newayz the only problem i have is the friggin steering wheel is not aligned, i guess with the wheels. To make the car go straight the steering wheel is turned a tad to the left. I thought i wouldnt bother me cuz i was excited to to get the car, but now it does. O yea nd my antenna wont come off. i dont want to force it off and end up doing some bad to the car. Is it spose to be stuck on like that or is thurr some way to get it off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
2nd

for the wheel out of straight, that can be corrected with the steeringwheel just being recentred, but it probably means there is an alignment issue, with that happening already (unless someone put the wheel back on not straight, as with my car). Did you get it pre-owned from a GM dealer? if so, its a GM certified pre-owned vehicle, and that should not have left the lot like that, so take it back, and gettem to fix it.

If you bought it privately, then it's like 50 bucks CAD for an alignment, better get that done...

otherwise.. glad you found a great buy!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I used to do alignments at the shop I used to work at. The only thing you can do is go get it aligned. You shouldn't have to pay anything, because it should be covered under warranty. Part of the alignment procedure is to lock the steering wheel straight, then adjust the toe(tie rods) to get the wheels adjusted straight.

Sounds to me like you bought a pre-owned car. Its a possibility that the previous owner hit something, which threw off your alignment. Don't quote me on this. Its just a thought. Good luck on getting it fixed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i go to a gm dealer? cuz i bought g5 from an enterprise car rental place?

o yea thx for the antenna tip = ). that antenna was just to damn long for me.

G

·
0 Posts
flipplaya331 said:
cuz i bought g5 from an enterprise car rental place?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the WORST place to buy a car, you can only assume that the people who rented that car before you bought it, had "fun"

expect things to go wrong.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had the same issue with my steering wheel on my G6, I took it in and they did and alignment, it check out ok so they gave it back to me with the wheel still out about 5 degrees. I took it back in they did another alignment and it checked out fine again, they then took a look at the steering wheel and it was not sitting on the shaft correctly.

·
Registered
547 Posts
blackriderg6 said:
I had the same issue with my steering wheel on my G6, I took it in and they did and alignment, it check out ok so they gave it back to me with the wheel still out about 5 degrees. I took it back in they did another alignment and it checked out fine again, they then took a look at the steering wheel and it was not sitting on the shaft correctly.
That's good to know, mine's always hung to the left very very slightly but I never noticed any abnormal tire wear so I just didn't let it bother me. I might have the dealer check that before the warranty's up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lmao.^^^

Well i took it from here b/c of a few things. Everyone i talked to agreed that enterprise would most likley try to keep there cars in good condition, which they wurr. My uncle bought a cobalt from the same place nd it ran perfect, to bad its totaled now..ha. Also they said when i take it to the DMV, which i did, and get it inspected anything wrong with it they would fix for free. Nothing popped up not even the steering wheel thing so yea..... so il just take it to a place for an alignment = /.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I've heard of some car rental places not doing absolutely anything as far as maintenance goes (not even oil changes) and then selling them when they had 30,000 odd kilometers on them.

They don't keep them very long before they sell them, so if you think about it, there really is no economical sense to do any work to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
we buy enterprise and other rental cars at auctions for used cars at my dealership...theyre usually in better shape and require less reconditioning than say a typical trade in or an off lease car...they have an unfair reputation...everyone i know whos bought a car from like an enterprise auction or something usually saves a nice chunk of change and the cars are in very good shape

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
They may be maintained better, but I know alot of people get that extra insurance for a few dollars more than go starsky and hutch on them.

If cannot begin to count how many times my friends have jumped, neutral dropped, bootleg turned, J turned, did burn outs, doughnuts, and other very horrible things to rentals. :lol:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Yeah, I'd be thinking buying a rental car is liked marrying a hooker after she retires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts