G5 Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm the only one, but on 2007's we have CF trim, but the wheel inserts are still satin silver, and it bugs me.

They look out of place in the car, I wonder if they are easy to take out and if there's a way to add a CF lookalike finish to them?

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Works in my GT, but mine is unique. Had the OE radio swapped out for the in-dash 6 CD changer. Damn thing came in silver, my interior is graphite. So the silver radio ties nicely in with the steering wheel and door arm rest trim. Didn't plan it, but wound up with a styled interior!

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I might end up with a dash kit to only use a few pieces, but that's going to be expensive for no reason.. hmm

and I don't know if it'd look like the stock CF trim either :?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea, the interior looks kinda off on mine a bit. The dash trim has that carbon fiber look, the door trim is silver, and the steering wheel and shifter are a darker silver. It looks ok, but I'd like to change it later on....

·
Registered
255 Posts
How do you all notice these things? The only thing I've noticed enough to bother me was the color of the speedometer lights (red) and the color of the stereo lights (green). Reminds me of Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Backlit instrument cluster in red is a Pontiac thing. I could be wrong, but there isn't a dot-matrix type display in red yet, only green. So, we all be stuck with the 'Christmas' combo, as you call it. Me, I'd like to see the radio display in a yellow.

·
Registered
547 Posts
There are stereos backlit in red. The G6 has a red backlit display, as does the Solstice (those cars have the two radio designs used in the G5, except the G6 has the DIC in the radio too)

GM is just too cheap to swap out the radios at Lordstown. :roll:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm not much for the lights on mine either, but I've been browsing the Cobalt SS forums and found instructions on ways of changing interior lighting. My uncle makes a living on building small circuits, so I'm gonna get him to help me out on changing out LEDs and also adding a bunch all throughout the car. Within the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna work on making all the interior blue.

·
Registered
649 Posts
To me, unless you are showing the car the interior means nothing to me. Of course I like to make sure I keep it clean and prevent it from fading, but the is purely a re-sale factor only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts