G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight when I got on my car, I realized stereo didn't play the cd I had in, it was like reading it, but never played it... It was a short way till I got home turned the car off, but then like 2 hours later when I went out again, the stereo didn't turn on, all the buttons around lighted up but the screen, i tried pressing the on/off button, eject, etc with no luck... Turned off and on the car with no luck either...

When I completly turned off the car I realized there was a noise inside the stereo, like if the cd was stuck i dont know, so I inserted the key into the cd bay trying to eject the cd, finally when i did it, it sound like the cd box changed until it ejected the cd (screen turned on), right after, the screen turned off and its like that right now....

The cd got stuck and the stereo stop working and lighting on?
Is there any combination of keys to reset it?? Any idea what else I can try...

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks guys

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
Sounds like you'll be scheduling another trip to the dealer. :(

Did the CD have a sticker label on it? That might have caused it to stick if the label was coming off. But that does not explain the unresponsiveness of the stereo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was just trying to see what it was... When I turned the car on, the stereo started working normally.... :S

Yup I have had very bad luck with this car... (or.. maybe it's just one of those models that keep wrecking down and giving problems, I don't know...)

It was an original Red Hot Chilli Peppers CD with no labels or anything, the disc isn't scratched or damaged either. (shrug)

Thanks for the quick reply toolman!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts