G5 Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone either make a video clip of their stock sub, at different volume levels, or point me in the direction to one.

Im just curious

·
Registered
298 Posts
There isn't much to see when it's on. it makes sound only really.. not even sure a video camera would be able to see it vibrate the way your eye can anyways..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to see how good or bad it was, video normally comes with sound, and the sound is what i was after, I could care less about the vibration, I just assumed you could put 2 an 2 together, guess not.

I was just wondering if its worth it, is it part of a package you can get or does it come stock with the gt?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
njg5gt said:
its part of the pioneer sound package

drive up to nj and take a listen if you'd like
heh, yeah, no.

Does anyone know the wattage of the amp an sub

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
the upgraded amp is 300 watts. it can be looked up on the pontiac site. id explore that before posting here...

as for the sub, i dont have any specs on it, but it hits fairly hard

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't know what the wattage is. It's a pretty decent sound for a stock system. the best part is that the sub takes up no trunk space, unlike most aftermarkets one would put in. Definately a huge bonus.

Also, if you have someone record VIDEO of a sub, doesn't mean it has sound. And if it did, how are you going to listen to a video on your computer (or on anything) to determine how good a subwoofer in a car sounds. By the time the sound goes into a little video camera mic, compressed, and you replay it on whatever speakers you play it on, the best you can hope for is it sounds as good as the speakers you playing it on. either way it won't give you any idea whatsoever as to the quality or quantity of sound comming out of the woofer in the car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So since my computer speakers determine how to sub actually sounds, and since you are leaning towards that it would sound bad,

then Rob's 4 sub system must be REALLY bad then huh??????? lol

Im too lazy to go to the pontiac site njg5, plus there is way too much flash animation on car sites these days that its just a pain in the butt.

they think they need to put all their cars on a revolving platter of sorts, have the background change a million different colors, AND have music on their website that doesnt pertain to "badass" cars anyway lol.

But thanks for the help, I was just curious but it seems like most people on this forum dont care about people who have less than a hundred posts, or ask for information which btw is what the internet is for, especially a forum.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
^^ thats not true. it just wont be an accurate representation of the sound of the sub for us to make a video. to be honest, the only way to hear it is...to hear it. i guess that should have been said in the first place. sorry that we made you feel that way bro. keep asking questions. its how we learn. like i said, if you want to hear the sub, find one and listen to it

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know what he meant, its just funny how he worded it, lol.

plus, I would put my money on this being true that there isnt a G5 with the pioneer sub withing 500 miles of me.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
LOL, too lazy to go to the pontiac site? Well, you came here, didn't you :p

I like my upgraded system. The bass is just loud enough for everyone in the car to feel. You're not going to piss anybody off that dives next to you with your stock bass. The Highs in the upgraded system sound great IMO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts