G5 Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the specs of the stock subwoofer from the upgrade pioneer system? Im putting my infinity perfect 10 in hopefully and am going to sell pioneer.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
all i can tell you is its a 2ohm dual voice coil sub, as for power handling i am guessing around 75 watts rms, i have an after market sub&amp and didnt even bother selling my stock sub incase one day i decide to hook it back up again or sell the car

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I am making a spacer so I can mount my Infinity Perfect 10 into the stock box. 350watt RMS and 1400 Watt max. It sits about 2 inches too deep to fit in stock enclosure right now.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
What are the air space requirements for the sup you bought. i doubt its going to perform very well in the stock box.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yea, i honestly wouldn't even bother wasting your time on putting a good sub into a plastic box, check the specs on your sub for the air space requirement like PursuitGT mentioned. if your worried about room in your trunk look into a small sealed or even ported mdf box.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 cubic foot is what my sub requires. The box I had it in is not much bigger than the stock box if any. I made the spacer and test the sub out, sounds the same as in the old box. Going to seal it and see what kind of results I get, if it sounds like ass then Ill take it back and knowing at least I tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts