G5 Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The back left side of my car has smelled like gas terribly for the past few days. Before I go and get it checked out, what do u all think it is? It smells like its coming from the tire area.

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Cracked fuel lines coming from the tank. It's actually a recall on our cars. Take it to a dealer and they'll fix FO FREEEEEEEE!!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Cracked fuel lines coming from the tank. It's actually a recall on our cars. Take it to a dealer and they'll fix FO FREEEEEEEE!!!
Happened to me and they told me my car is an 09 the recall isnt for mine but only 05 & 06 cars. Cost me $380 for the fuel pump and i installed it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isnt pontiac out of buisness? Or do you mean bring it to a chevy dealership?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
there are still dealerships that service pontiacs. generally they are gmc and buick dealerships but any GM dealership will do the work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called seacoast chevy and there refusing to do it for free. They said its a 3 year, 36000 mile warrenty. The warrenty expired in 2010

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called seacoast chevy and there refusing to do it for free. They said its a 3 year, 36000 mile warrenty. The warrenty expired in 2010
Nah dude I got a notice in the mail for fuel leak recall in 2016, maybe late 2015 but I really dont think so. Are you thinking of the original recall on the ignition switch?

And yeah GM dealerships handle it but i sure do miss the brand proper pontiac dealership I used. The people at the GM one close to me were a douche and a half, and when I got my car back from the switch recall, they must have screwed something up electrically in the general area of ignition switch/steering column because one of my headlights wont work now. I have to keep the brights on and have lights pointed at the dang ground.

I am calling GM dealership in the morning to see if and what still qualifies for fuel tank fix. I have no signs of the leak myself, but I've got some bad gas in the car and I'm wondering if it would help to just get out what I can, fill up with good gasand get it to dealership which is not very far in order to have the tank replaced for free.
You should be covered, all g5s, as this was a safety recall they were forced to put out and nothing to do with purchase...things
I will update what I find out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My weasley dealership said it was not a recall. I remember getting it in the mail though.
Sorry I did not answer back guys, I had a little trouble finding the thread. New 😯
Is t there a govt website we can check recalls on?

·
So Delicious !
5,271 Posts
I just had my pump, tank and fuel line replaced 07 FREE of charge.
There is a letter out there stating GM will replaced the cracked fuel system stuff for as long as you own G5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts