G5 Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for the eibach(sp) sway bar kit it comes with 2 bars. im assuming one for the front and one for the back. correct me if im wrong. how does the front one mount? it doesnt appear to have strut mounts. it may mount in a different location but im not sure, that why im posting. also where does the rear bar mount, if indeed thats where it goes. do they mount under the car?

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow....that was such a direct and simple answer lol thanks i was wondering the same thing. can u have a strut bar for the rear or only a sway bar?

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanks buddy....would u guys recommend strut bars or sway? ill get both front and back ones but i dont want one strut and one sway for example.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
i don't know how i feel about the back one either. something about restricting the motion of my rear suspension throws me a bit. fo the track they're supposedly great, but some people are opposed to leaving them on for everyday driving. you will get a noticeably better handling ride if you go with them though, so its up to you

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
its all going to make your ride a bit more stiff and help with handling. I never drove a car with aftermarket sway bars, but I have driven a car with a front strut bar. Just that made a big difference in handling. If I were you, I would go with the springs first, then decide if you want to make your ride a lil more stiff.

·
Registered
407 Posts
my old Mazda Mx-6 turbo had front and rear sway bars and a rear strut tower bar and it handled pretty decent for a stock set-up, plus the auto adjusting suspenion kinda helped out too in sport mode

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
g5mike said:
turbo tech racing is on the verge of bringing out some new bars at a very low price
Thats awesome. I'd rather have something thats inexpensive and simple. Some of the fancy stuff is nice, but I wouldn't pay for it, because my car isn't going to see a show anytime soon. With something as small as a strut tower bar, Feel>Looks.

I'm not bashing anybodys products. I'm just saying what I want on my car.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You dont really need to buy a $150 strut brace to make your ride stiffer. I guarantee that a $50 bar works just as well as a $150 one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
A 50$ one may work just as well(for a while) but it has to do with the materials they are made out of, I would rather the 150$ and know I am getting either a high grade steel or aluminum with quality welding and workmanship, then pay 50$ for something that gives no specs of the quality or materials used in its construction. Thats just me though.........But if the 2 products are 100% identical well then i would take the 50$ one for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
^^ not true. the ttr will be available in many colors, including anodized, and should be made of the same materials. I'm hoping from what i've read that it will look just as good the only difference will probably be the cstom engraving.

on a side note, they might be made in pieces that bolt up to each other. this is all just speculation, but i'm not digging that really

·
Registered
375 Posts
bringing back this thread from the grave::

ok to me strut tower bars make a world of difference along with sway bars but baby steps. now i think there are 3 STB options out there DC MZR and the TTR, correct. my car will not be a show car so being fancy means nothing. Is the TTR one out yet? Also i was reading a debate on the cobalt forums about if the car should be jacked up to install, what is the feel over here. and links to this new TTR barw ould be awesome

THANKS GUYS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts