G5 Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have been on the site for a while to find stuff to help with my car but just never registered. I was just wondering if anyone can take a sample of what a stock engine sounds like while driving in the cab? Just not sure if my engine sounds quite right but it has been like this since I bought it. Just wanted to find out if it is a problem, thanks everyone

If in wrong thread I will take this down thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Hi everyone I have been on the site for a while to find stuff to help with my car but just never registered. I was just wondering if anyone can take a sample of what a stock engine sounds like while driving in the cab? Just not sure if my engine sounds quite right but it has been like this since I bought it. Just wanted to find out if it is a problem, thanks everyone

If in wrong thread I will take this down thanks
For everything bone stock, it should be nearly inaudible. Under the hood, slight ticking from injector solenoids is OK. Engine will have a very slight vibration; only enough to give a good ripple to a glass of water. Timing chain should have a steady, quiet sound, to. Got a buddy with a scan tool? Great investment, if not. Get one, forward looking, so to be useful for many years. They should be fairly common, now. Lots of 'new' tech is widely in use, now, so good variety of tool available.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For everything bone stock, it should be nearly inaudible. Under the hood, slight ticking from injector solenoids is OK. Engine will have a very slight vibration; only enough to give a good ripple to a glass of water. Timing chain should have a steady, quiet sound, to. Got a buddy with a scan tool? Great investment, if not. Get one, forward looking, so to be useful for many years. They should be fairly common, now. Lots of 'new' tech is widely in use, now, so good variety of tool available.

Okay thanks a lot lol ill get a better scanner off of someone and have a look. Just sounded off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also completely forgot to mention if this is worth anything, if I hit a small puddle like I'm talking less than 6" it will sometimes soak my foot on the gas pedal. The only hole in the car is behind the rear passenger side seat so I assume that wouldn't do anything to it, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Also completely forgot to mention if this is worth anything, if I hit a small puddle like I'm talking less than 6" it will sometimes soak my foot on the gas pedal. The only hole in the car is behind the rear passenger side seat so I assume that wouldn't do anything to it, any ideas?
Maybe a firewall grommet is compromised? Biggest on is on the steering shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts