G5 Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the spring I'm gonna bolt on the Supercharger Kit from an 2007 SS parts car I stripped. I want to install the Stock SS analog boost gauge.
1. Is this guage retarded, and should I get something better and more accurate?
2. Does anyone actually have the wiring plan for how to install the factory analog guage on a 2006 LE5 setup using whatever LSJ parts are needed?

I have an understanding of the pigtail wiring as
pink: IGN power, blk/wht :ground, grey: dimmer, tan: boost signal.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Depending in ur map sensor u can only read so much, mine reads to 4psi i believe, and def get more then just ur boost gauge, i have the interceptor and a wide band gauge to monitor everything my car does... If u need any help or have questions just ask i sc'd my car over a year ago

Sent via field of nerfherders.... So fuck yeah!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
^ solid reference right there. You could also ask Rob

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Lol i have robs sc kit.... It didnt work for him :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Yeah he told me lll

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offers of help, and I will look into some aftermarket Gauges...from what I've seen so far, a factory setup has less appeal and relevance on a tuned ride.
Who needs factory crap anyway! All this time I spent on my damn car has been to change the whole thing to custom, why put some limitations on how sweet it could be?
Ya, I think I just needed to hear from others who know what works. Now to decide....

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Personally i highly recommend an interceptor gauge, it clears and reads codes, which has helped me out a fuck ton, especially when the car decides to go into reduced engine power and u have no throttle till then codes cleared lol..... But to fix that make sure ur throttle body is good lol... Mine wasnt... But also get ur air fuel gauge and a boost gauge... Id also recommend going with a stage 2 kit aswell, like u said u want custom do the shit right the first time.... And get a good cold air intake too... Before u install u could even port and polish ur blower and throttle body to flow more air, and also get a dual pass endplate for the intake mani, cooling mods ftw!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That interceptor looks pretty amazing: now on the buy list! I've got 42# injectors, 3.1 pulley and stage 2 belt; should get me moving in the right direction. Brand new SC cold air kit is in hand and the throttle body is good- It was great to be able to test the motor on the parts car before I stripped the poor beast down to a pathetic looking frame. I must learn porting skills! Although I'm ok with a die grinder, any recommended special methods or tools? or Max/Min limitations of porting? or how I'm polly going to fuk it up the first time?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I have no idea about porting, i want to get mine done by someone who knows what needs to be done, but thats probably going to happen when my cars parked next month maybe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm gonna use a twin fan setup;
1- I plan to splice together a single plug and the two fan connectors.... I've read it'll work with LE5 without monkeying with the fusebox and the SC fan relay. is this the consensus?
2- LE5 setup has a resistor located in the stock rad fan. What do you do with it for a SC build, just make a fitting for it in the twin fan housing? Can I live without it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts