G5 Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
152 Posts
Ah-HA! You're the 1%'er. Everyone else wants to lower theirs!

I'm sure if you did something with the springs, you could lift the car.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
164 Posts
I've been looking into raising the stock height for a while, all that I have found is suggestions for Cavi springs, Strut/Coilover spacers and taller shocks, but nobody actually trying anything so you'd probably be on your own

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking into raising the stock height for a while, all that I have found is suggestions for Cavi springs, Strut/Coilover spacers and taller shocks, but nobody actually trying anything so you'd probably be on your own
in 2017 replaced all shocks and struts with stock. I assume by the answers that there is nothing "model" specific. So spring spacers it would be and the struts ... I guess would be experimental!. I was actually considering a larger tire profile, but there just is not any room. If I get serious about this , I think corroboration with the TIRE,SHOCK, STRUT store will be the solution. THANKS for your time

·
Super Moderator
592 Posts
in 2017 replaced all shocks and struts with stock. I assume by the answers that there is nothing "model" specific. So spring spacers it would be and the struts ... I guess would be experimental!. I was actually considering a larger tire profile, but there just is not any room. If I get serious about this , I think corroboration with the TIRE,SHOCK, STRUT store will be the solution. THANKS for your time
Ugh, yes, they are model specific.
Base/LS/LT models use FE1 suspension
Non-FI SS/GT use FE3 suspension
SC/TC use FE5 suspension <- And there are differences between the SC and the TC models.

FE1 is the most economic suspension, the "softest" if you will, FE3 is more sportier (very slightly lower ride height), followed by the full sport suspension of the FE5 (lowest ride height).

The reason when you replace your suspension that the ride height is higher, is eventually the springs, shocks, and struts level out from constant load, therefore shrinking the ride height by maybe 0.25". If you want taller tires, you'll need to consider the wheel well and rim height in consideration for the hub size in additional to the % speedometer skew that'll you'll experience because it's not the manufacture calculated tire size.

If you want to get a taller vehicle, get a crossover SUV. These are still compact cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
you want to get a taller vehicle, get a crossover SUV. These are still compact cars.
And this is why everyone is stock height or lowered. Even at stock height with slightly larger tires, I still have road clearance issues. Its not like he's tryna 4x4 it

·
Registered
164 Posts
If your suspension is that low, it's either that worn or it's lowered, I can and do crawl under the front of mine without any lift

1 - 9 of 9 Posts