Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand:Sylvania
Price: $50.00
Available Stores: O-Riley's, Auto Zone, or just about any other parts store

Installation:Easy

Installation Time: 5-10 Minutes

Be very cautious when removing the headlight housing, just so you won't scratch your bumper

Quality of Part: 8/10

Product Performance: 10

Highly Recommended

Any Other Comments:

The Silverstar Ultra bulbs are a good bit brighter, and emit a much cleaner white light. If you don't have the cash for an HID conversion, these bulbs would be the next best Choice.

Here are some pics:

The silverstars are on the driver's side(left) and the stockers are on the right.

Low Beams:

High Beams:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I think it's probably his camera settings causing that or the Silverstar's really blow. I ran Nighthawks when I had the stock housings, those ran really white.

·
Registered
830 Posts
my dad has ultra whites in his vehicle ... i don't notice much of a difference. I prefer the nokyas ... but it's probably just the camera :D looking good :)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not disappointed with the silverstars. It was prolly just my camera settings. They're brighter than stock and the yellow tint isn't as noticeable. I really noticed the difference when I went out last night.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just put some Silverstar Ultra's in my GT too. My goal was to make the headlights the same colour temperature as the fog lights.......that goal was definitly achieved. It seems like there's more light on the side now than with the stockers. I'm happy with mine.

The Silverstar Ultras are rated at 4100K by the way.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! Since the reflective housing is painted black, the headlights shine straight ahead instead of reflecting some light to the side. The silverstars are a bit brighter, but I still don't have as much light to the side. I'm used to it now, but I know it'll be better when I get some fogs.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nighthawk243 said:
The color difference is more noticable IRL. Photos don't capture them well.
X2. Mine are much brighter than the pics make them look. The only annoying part about them is the ******** around here flash their brights at me alot.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Renesis said:
wtf hahaa

I run bright high power 7000k lights and noone ever flashed their brights to me

damn ********!
Yea, they're annoying...I think its just a inbred thing...
Even if I had the lights off running with the parking lights on, they would still flash their brights at me

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im just running with the bulbs that came with the aftermarket lights i bought off ebay, and i noticed they are brighter as well, and a ton of people flash their brights at me as well....

and my lights are no where near as bright or as blinding as the ones found on new ford super dutys, or any of the new dodge trucks. Both of those trucks have amazingly blinding lights, even with my tinted windows.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
th0ughtless said:
Nighthawk243 said:
The color difference is more noticable IRL. Photos don't capture them well.
X2. Mine are much brighter than the pics make them look. The only annoying part about them is the ******** around here flash their brights at me alot.
When I had them in the GA, I got flashed constantly, despite the fact that my running lights down below were also on (You know if someone's lows are on because they can run the fog lights. In high beam, the fogs shut off.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Noticed a couple of things this thread, first the Silverstars need to be adjusted after installation. Second they will die sooner cause of the daytime running lights, both of the brights in my GA burnt out within a week of each other, they lasted about a year. Maybe they were too high and that's why people were flashin' you. I ran mine until they fried in Arkansas and the ******** didn't seem to mind.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The G5 uses the low beam circuit for running lights, so it puts even more stress on it than it would in an older GM vehicle that used the high beam filament in the 9007 for DRL. You can help the life by just clicking the G5's light stick one foward and putting it on the corner markers only.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Ridyn said:
I'll just turn off my lights during the day! :)

I'll be picking some of these up later, is there a How to?
Remove the bolts holding the headlamp housing in to allow you to access the back. After you do that, the bulb should just twist out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nighthawk243 said:
Ridyn said:
I'll just turn off my lights during the day! :)

I'll be picking some of these up later, is there a How to?
Remove the bolts holding the headlamp housing in to allow you to access the back. After you do that, the bulb should just twist out.

Thanks! This will top of my two mods for the week. Exhaust, and lights. Next is intake!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts