G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, Huntsville, Texas.... Have had the car about four weeks. Probably won't be modding this G5, though. I bought it mainly for economy. But, I do enjoy doctoring things up a bit.

I did put a gain control for the back speakers, so I could raise the level of the sub woofer without back speakers increasing in volume via the fade control. Sounds great, gives me the bass I want.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to do something like that. The sub could use some extra power....

Any pics of your car? Heres Mine

Keep an eye out for me...I'll be getting exhaust soon. nice to meetcha and welcome to the club

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
l_rymal said:
I did put a gain control for the back speakers, so I could raise the level of the sub woofer without back speakers increasing in volume via the fade control. Sounds great, gives me the bass I want.
wow only if i would have knew that before i dropped $1100 on a sub/amp 2 months ago

·
Registered
5 Posts
th0ughtless said:
I wanted to do something like that. The sub could use some extra power....

Any pics of your car? Heres Mine

Keep an eye out for me...I'll be getting exhaust soon. nice to meetcha and welcome to the club
Actually, mine looks like yours, but it has the fog lights and door guard. I do run an iPOD in it, though. I frequently do long trips and between the pod and the XM satellite, it is an enjoyable ride. It is an automatic, so from mods I did to a '99 Grand Am years ago, I personally (!!!!) don't think an exhaust mod would sound that good---it needs a manual transmission for that. Personal opinion....

Also, I have noticed the factory FM is a lot more sensitive than other vehicles I have had in the past, most noteably, a 2005 Z71 Chevy truck. I can receive 106.9 in Houston perfectly, for example. On my truck, it would fade or lose stereo.

I don't have anything unique to identify my G5 from others on the road in town, but I'll be doing a look-out for yours. I'm an old guy, though, so that might help. Been modding cars and trucks, motorcycles, for more than a few decades.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
fusiongt said:
l_rymal said:
wow only if i would have knew that before i dropped $1100 on a sub/amp 2 months ago
the sub would be the same volume, you would just be able to turn the sub up without having the other speakers turned up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
karnivor said:
the sub would be the same volume, you would just be able to turn the sub up without having the other speakers turned up.
Exactly! I was amazed that the sub was doing its work, but the rear speakers would be getting too loud---masking the sub. There is no gain control on the sub.

I initially disconnected the rear deck speakers and got the sound that I wanted, but lost a bit of the rear fill. So, I installed L-Pads on the back two speakers from some old stereo stuff that I scrapped ages ago and adjusted their level up slightly, just to fill the void.

None of this is particularly ear-splitting loud, but it sounds good. I adjust the FADE control to vary the level of regular sound referencing against the sub. This is handy when a song needs to be re-EQed.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BlackMagic2007 said:
th0ughtless said:
lol...there was one other person that said he/she was from Texas, but no posts yet...
So now I'm a he/she? LOLOLOLOL!!!

I'm a she. It took me a few days.....what's going on? 8)

Alright, Cool. So we finally got that cleared up...lol

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rizick said:
Arlington, TX

new to clubg5.net
Damn, right next to Dallas. I'll be up that way sometime next month. Some guys from that area are voting on a date for a meet on CSS. I'll keep ya posted if you, or anybody else will be down for it. I know I'll prolly be the only G5 there so far. lol

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, they're getting pretty close to making a decision and they're talking about sept 22nd in the "Lewisville/Grapevine area." Still not a whole lot of info yet.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, they made a final decision, but unfortunately, I won't be able to go on that day.

Heres the post on CSS:
DallasCobalt said:
Saturday, September 22nd, 7:00pm, meet and greet at Hooter's in Grapevine. Click here for a map! Then after we're done eating, taking pics, and eye-humping the waitresses, we'll head over to Gameworks in Grapevine Mills Mall. They'll be open until 1am. Click here for a map! I hope this location is ok with everyone. I really needed to get this thing going because there hasn't been much talk about the September meet lately and I need to get a rough head count so I can make reservations and see what kind of deals I can work out with both places. Once again, this is open to friends and family as well. Everyone come on out and rep the Cobalts. Last meet was incredible! I'll keep an updated list in this 1st post. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or give me a call on my cell at (214) 586-5191. -Matt
I'm going to try to make it to the next meet instead. We ought to plan our own meet sometime. Even though theres a handful of us, we might be able to recruit some more G5'ers. Usually, the groups on CSS meet monthly.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts