G5 Club banner

The exhaust Clip thread

9K views 106 replies 24 participants last post by  garageballs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I thought I'd start an exhaust clip thread so everyone can get an idea of what they what kind of exhaust to look for.

If you submit your own video, please provide some info about your car and your mod.

2007 Pontiac G5
2.2L
5 Speed Manual Transmission
2.25" custom piping with 14" magnaflow muffler w/ 2.25" inlet and offset outlet and 3" Magnaflow tip

The link is new, so you might have to click the lil link below the square to see the video till its in the system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwgoJwsxJCQ

Gotta love my newb video skills. I'll try to make some better ones later.

#11 ·
i thought the first half of the exhaust is 2.5" and it stepped down to 2.25" stock. isnt that why aftermarket cat-backs are 2.5" to match the first half and eleminate the step down in pipe diameter?

maybe im wrong

#12 ·
karnivor said:
i thought the first half of the exhaust is 2.5" and it stepped down to 2.25" stock. isnt that why aftermarket cat-backs are 2.5" to match the first half and eleminate the step down in pipe diameter?

maybe im wrong
I think the GT models are like that. The guy at the muffler shop said the piping on my car was 1.75"

#17 ·
Pacesetter Header and Catback

#20 ·
Sounds pretty nice. Doesn't sound as raspy as everybody was saying the long tube header would make it sound...

BTW, I had somebody revv up my car, so I can hear it from the outside. Shit, its fuggin loud... lol

I need to make another clip since its broke in a bit.

#21 ·
ya no doubt about it the Pacesetter system is loud as hell lol

#22 ·
yeah since my muffler wore in and i got the weapon r intake (omg crazy cool btw) my car sounds like a beast. im going to make a new video or two
soon. today i opened the door and stood outside and stretched my foot inside to rev it up and holy shit its mean sounding.

#24 ·
th0ughtless said:
karnivor said:
yeah since my muffler wore in and i got the weapon r intake (omg crazy cool btw) my car sounds like a beast. im going to make a new video or two
soon. today i opened the door and stood outside and stretched my foot inside to rev it up and holy shit its mean sounding.
This post is useless without a clip :p

http://media.putfile.com/22-G5-intake

#25 ·
karnivor said:
th0ughtless said:
karnivor said:
This post is useless without a clip :p

http://media.putfile.com/22-G5-intake

Sounds great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.