G5 Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 G6 GTP with the 3900 V6. Stock HP was 240 and 241 LBS of torque. I have a Dr speed CAB, Tune Time PCM/ dyno tune, Bigger exhaust tips (from the G5 :p ), GM strut bar, painted the break calipers and intake tube. I modded a 3.6L intake tube to fit as its bigger then the 3900 with less air restricition, however, its not painted yet. I have dynoed in 226HP and 223LBS of torque to the wheels, that gives me an est with a 14% drop off as I had a 14% drop off on the stock runs of 263HP and 259LBS of torque. I pulled on the dyno (not track so not offical) 14.57 @ 99 MPH out on the 1/4 mile program. This is all done on a mustang dyno.

Before the 3.6L air intake tube

With the 3.6L DOHC air intake tube (ovously not painted yet :lol: )

My bigger exhaust tips

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
My 2007 G5 GT mods are sub, amp 1 farad capacitor (which i havent taken a picture yet but it is located above the amp laying down) 20% window tint and blue neons underneath the dash and underneath the backs of the front seats. soon i plan on putting in a commandstart/alarm and saving up for some winter rubber as for everything else will stay stock since i should probably start trying to make bigger payments so i can get my baby paid off.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
wow Fusion, that looks like the Lawson Heights neighbourhood.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
denlou said:
wow Fusion, that looks like the Lawson Heights neighbourhood.
:shock: :shock: :shock: exactly how well do you know saskatoon? that is in lawson heights at my buddies house a few blocks away from where i live which is in lawson also

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I lived in Martensville for 12 years, so I've got a fairly good idea of the neighbourhoods. I could probably draw a map of Saskatoon from my head haha.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
haha nice well when your down next give me a shout and maybe we can get some photos of the cars together or somethin and put them up on the site

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Yeah for sure, I'll be out there on August 6th for a few weeks so I'll definately let you know.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
how is your trunk lid with the sub? mine rattles like 2 skeletons screwing on a tin roof. i need to look into some dampening.

ya its kinda ghetto rigged in there. i had made a dual box that was wide and flat that up fired for my old car and it wouldnt fit in the g5. i just cut it in half lol. its bungee corded to that bump down from the upper deck thing and the top isnt carpeted from where i cut it in half.

ps never put 2 15" subs at 450 watts rms each in a 96 mercury sable. ha ha

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i can imagine with a 15" trunk rattling would be pretty bad but with my little 10" its not as bad, one of these days i want to take the carpeting off the trunk lid to find out whats vibrating, my buddy was looking at my spoiler and he thought we should put something small between the spoiler and the trunk not something big enough to notice theres a spacer there and maybe that will lessen the rattle

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
my spoiler shakes pretty bad but i dont think thats whats rattling. theres foam inbetween there already anyway. how many watts are you pushing? rms

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
600rms

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
mines 550. the amp says its c whatever certified, but i think thats bs. ha ha a 15 at 550 should be much much much louder than mine. sorry for jacking your thread dre. i guess we're pirates now

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
well what kind of amp is it? and maybe you would have better luck if you invested in a rockford or kicker 15" sub

1 - 18 of 18 Posts