G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my bumper and other bumpers of people on here is not matching up correctly around the headlights, i was wondering if anyone nows a way to fix it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same problem, I think it even looks worse on my car, since the gap is larger... I´ll take a pic and post it when I can...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Irritating

Mine was assembled in December of 2006, and it is just fine. They probably got control of that problem toward the last of the 2007 models.

But, mine has a slight problem with the the gap between the hood and the front end/bumper assembly. It's slightly wider on one side than the other. Not too noticeable, but it irritates me. It's not the hood alignment; that's fine. I think I can adjust that gap a little and fix it. It seems to be a common problem, because I see it in pictures of other G5s.

( "You can tell it's mattel, it's swell." I'm going to tell them to fire Barbie and Ken over at Mattel Plastics for doing such shoddy work.:hugg )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So i went to my dealership and they decided to fix my bumper problem, but they keep calling me saying it's done so i go to pick it up and i look at it and it dont look any different so they really hate me hahaha but oh well so far they have had it for about a week now and i made them give me a loaner car because they are full of shit telling me nothing is wrong lol. So then they call me friday and say that the bumper has been wroped an dthey have to order new bumper and facia unit, they cant promise me a time or day it will be done but i told them i hate my loaner they need to have my car done by tuesday so we will see what happens and how it looks

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have just learned to live with it because every G5 I see has this problem. By taking your car in for every little thing you are probably pissing the guys off more. I figure if everyone else's is like that then I can't complain and I will stick to replacing the things that affect my safety.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well that is your choice, but see my gap was notice able and i didnt like it and so they are gonna fix it, i dont care if i piss them off. But if you dont care how your car looks then thats your problem i care and i want mine to atleast not have gaps when it's a 2007 model

1 - 20 of 52 Posts