G5 Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people think a couple taps of a button here and there and a website will run itself.

This is not the case, there is a lot of work to do when running websites.

After designing (codes, images, concept, multiple programming languages, software, etc..) is the least of a web designer's worries.

First: I have to make a website that is appealing to everyone and welcoming.

Second: I have to make sure it runs & runs well

Third: Needs to be able to sustain itself... after all... why should an administrator such as myself who isn't rich or have a lot of money by any means, put thousands of hours into designing & creating a website and have to pay hundreds to thousands per year out of pocket expenses to run it. It takes more than just myself to make a community.

Fourth: Administrating & moderating... it's a lot of work as well.... Why have a Nazi Moderator such as kingG5... well... you do need to take most of what he says (as he says himself) with a grain of salt. He scares people... moderators are the police force of a forum and thats needed. Sometimes, yes, he can be overly harsh, but hey tell me and I can call him. One thing I like about having a moderator such as himself is he's local and he's harsh, perfect for the job.

Fifth: You can't make everyone happy. Trust me, I try. It's hard to make a compromise sometimes but I really do try.

I could keep making points all day.... why do I still do this? One reason... I love it.

I have always been into web design and hosting sites and administrating/etc... but nothing like G5CLUB. You guys actually make me happy to keep coming back. I have made a lot of friends on here and will continue to. I'll never be able to leave this place!

Just thought I would let you all know!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I just watched the social network...totally understand now Rob LOL!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
charba951;bt6 said:
I just watched the social network...totally understand now Rob LOL!
Haha awesome thanks!

Yeah Social Network is a bit of an eye opener... I laugh because I understand like everything he is talking about when talking in code haha. That was an awesome movie though. I think personally, that is where the future of business and where the big money makers are.... in fact, that will probably be the perfect segway into my next blog entry whenever I do it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
[Fourth: Administrating & moderating... it's a lot of work as well.... Why have a Nazi Moderator such as kingG5... well... you do need to take most of what he says (as he says himself) with a grain of salt. He scares people... moderators are the police force of a forum and thats needed. Sometimes, yes, he can be overly harsh, but hey tell me and I can call him. One thing I like about having a moderator such as himself is he's local and he's harsh, perfect for the job.

/QUOTE]Kinda like whats going on in Egypt eh?

·
Registered
95 Posts
QUOTE, "He scares people... moderators are the police force of a forum and thats needed" uNQUOTE, He doesn't "scare people " he humiliates them , good luck with increasing membership!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts