G5 Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a cadallac...haha

okay enough monkey buisness (and excuse this thread if im all over the place im very tired)

SO...yesterday my CEL came on, so i checked my gas cap of course and its fine, its on, not loose or anything...
as soon as i got off work this morning i got my OBD checked and this is the code:

P0411

Secondary air injection system fault
-Circuit relay defective or fuse open
-Check connector and wiring
-Air pump defective or hoses blocked

Now i only know mechanical information if it pertains to bolt ons haha...anyways can someone please explain this to me in laymans terms and in finanical terms if its worst case scenario?
The first two seem like something i might be able to check myself, but i have no idea what the first two even are....

help?

:monkeypee

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Unless you have to get emissions checked very soon, you don't have to worry about anything. Well, other than you bought a lemony car.

SAI pumps air into your catalytic converter to boost it's efficiency. Since your SAI is not working(or it could be and you are just getting a crap code because of a bad sensor or such) you will probably fail and emissions test. If you have them.

Used car? Miles/kilometers? How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Did they tell you it had this problem?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its used, ive had it for a year and it was used as a fleet car before me.
It has just above 40k miles on it, and no they didnt say anything about problems with the car.

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
well it is saying that the secondary air injection has faulted in some way this system runs from you air box to you exhaust manifold, it helps burn off extra gases by pumping new air into the manifold.

the first one sounds like it might be electrical like a blown fuse or bad relay or something

the second sounds like you may have an electrical connector corroded or loose, such as the one on the pump.

third sounds like you could have a busted pump or a obstruction somewhere in the air lines from the air box to the manifold

heres some pics for reference i have a 2.2 by the way just took these hope some of this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it does help, thank you i really appreciate it!!!!

As long as i know that it doesnt mean my engine will come flying at me while im doing 90 on the expressway bc im late for work, then its okay and i have a little time to look at it.
i was kinda worried driving last night not knowing what the issue was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts