G5 Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out to my G5 after my job this morning to find the factory CD changer unit had both the time and date 'zeroed' out, back to 12:00, 1 Jan, 2005! WTF?!?! Anyone else have this happen? The radio presets were all untouched, btw.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this can happen spontaneously, then? No one was in my trunk at all during the night, so it did it all by itself? I find that hard to imagine. Wouldn't the station presets also wig out during a disconnect?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not on the new Delphi stereos. Even after you disconnect then reconnect the battery to reset CEL's your presets will still be there.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
the stations are static memory, so they are not reset. the only way I know of this happening is if the battery is disconnected. were your eq settings zeroed out as well?

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that you mention it, they were! I recently rotated my tires, using the spare and a floor jack. I gave the wires on the battery a look-see as preventive meintenance and found nothing. I'm quite sure the time, date, and Eq settings were fine affter that.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
lol well what you're describing is a battery being unplugged and resetting the radio. idk why but they only way i know of that that can happen is the battery being unplugged.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, came out of work this morning, put the key in, got blasted by cold air from a heater left on high (dumass), turned that off, went to flip the key the rest of the way, and NOTHING!! Whole car was dead, not even the power locks so much as twiched. Called the roadside number, got a tow, car electrics came alive as he was being pulled onto the flatbed!!! Argh!! WTF?!?!?! Anyway, the guys at the dealership gave it a look-over and found the negative cable was simply resting on the post, the bolt wasn't tightened. Fates only know how I drove 7200+ miles with it like that. Free fix, free tow, not free time. Check yer negative cables and post if they were loose. My guy musta been dozing on the line and missed this. Don't know of anyone that coulda tampered with it. I shoulda given everything a little wiggle while I was in there (sorry for the double entendre) to check for loosness.

***This is WAY well within my ability to fix, but it was damn cold out (we had our first real frost), and I wasn't ready (dressed) to be in the cold for long. That, and the idea of a free repair seemed a good cop out!

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
haha i knew it!

this happened to me a couple weeks ago, but it was my positive connector, and it was because i didnt tighten it enough when installing m amp haha

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
I should have checked mine when I used the spare tire a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, my trunk is empty anyways. It won't be hard to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts