G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the fastest you guys have gone so far in your cars? My personal best was 180km/h still could have went more but I didn't due to road conditions. Also for you guys with Gt's when the car doesn't want to go anymore around 210km/h how far is the car from redlining?

·
Registered
35 Posts
let off around 195km/h, def. feels as if it would keep going tho.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Make sure to post if its KM/H or MP/H because some of us may get confused! :lol:

My top speed so far is 160 km/h because I've been caught for speeding 3 times in the past 4 months though and keep getting hit HEAVILY in fines.... mmm... I stopped and now I do the speed limit... I HATE speeding tickets lol.

G

·
njg5gt said:
115 top of fourth, had to shut down due to the race being over with me a car length ahead
You didnt HAVE to slow down.

The fastest I have gone is 105 on about a mile and a half straight on a back road to my grandparents. I doubt the cops even know about the road. :p

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
165KM/Hr cruise on at 4,200RPM if I recall right, for about 10 or 15 minutes.

Wait, I guess I did 170 to discover where the limiter is on the base's.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
njg5gt said:
115 top of fourth, had to shut down due to the race being over with me a car length ahead
You didnt HAVE to slow down.

The fastest I have gone is 105 on about a mile and a half straight on a back road to my grandparents. I doubt the cops even know about the road. :p
No, I guess you'r right, but no sense putting strain on the engine when I had already beat him =]

·
Registered
439 Posts
My G6 has only seen 175km/hr
My 99 Cougar saw 202km/hr
My bike saw 220km/hr, I cracked the throttle all the way open to catch up to my buddy who was in excess of 260km/h ('05 CBR RR1) and a bolt fell out of carbs and got lodged in the carb slides keeping them stuck in full throttle position. I don't know what speed I was at when I let off the throttle, because the bike kept accelerating. At 220+ with no throttle control, the last thing on your mind is to check the speedo. I eventually hit the kill switch, and coasted for a couple of kms. Scary shit, I tell you :lol:

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
LOL Truely classic!

I had the car up to 160kph on the way home from up north, but theres a new law in Ontario now, if you're tagged at 50kph over the limit, your car is impounded and your lisence is suspended! no ifs, ands, or butts. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
210kmh topped out. on flat. car has nothing after that.

my old car... 240kmh flat stretch. 89 dodge daytona C/S

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
A tad over 110MPH on the interstate at the wee hours of the morning (Nobody on the road).

Would've gone faster as I still had a few thousand RPM's to spare, but the car is limited to 110 due to the stock tires.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts