21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
cruisn said:
my old car... 240kmh flat stretch. 89 dodge daytona C/S
That was also turbocharged, was it not?
was wondering if someone would question, shes 1 of 269 ags cars produced from dodge. like the shelby daytona turbo, but from factory. and to make it special it has no options no body kit nothing. the only thing that gives it away is the bulge hood. othere than that it looks like a bare bones base daytona... engine was a 2.2L turbo intercooled. 170hp and 200tq

32mm front sway bar....factory lol

G

·
Ive been looking for a cheap turbo dodge, chrysler went turbo happy 20 years ago!

List of turbo cars

Omni
Charger
Shadow
Lebaron
MINIVANS!
Laser
Daytona

They made a generic 2.2 and 2.5 block and just stuck it in everything!

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
yuppers, those are my cars, lol. ask me anything??? lol. i know it all. am hardcore into those cars. hush hush on the minvans though, there scarce enough already, kid selling an 89 2.5L t1 auto here in edmonton 300 bucks, lol. he doesnt want to pay to get the headgasket replaced. little does he know when i buy it i will do it infront of his house in 30 minutes then leave....lol there unreliable someytimes.... :roll:

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
damn he knows...

i will use the 89 model year cause it was the best... dodge put a 2.5L turbo engine (garrett turbo) in a ugly ass wood panel minivan coupled it to a a555 5 speed getrag tranny <-same as my 89 tona. the beefiest tranny available. and sold it to the public.... run low 16's if not high 15's if you can drive good. then you can modify to run oh lets say 13's for about 1200 bucks.... factory dodge computer can compensate timing for high boost levels.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
cruisn said:
damn he knows...

i will use the 89 model year cause it was the best... dodge put a 2.5L turbo engine (garrett turbo) in a ugly ass wood panel minivan coupled it to a a555 5 speed getrag tranny <-same as my 89 tona. the beefiest tranny available. and sold it to the public.... run low 16's if not high 15's if you can drive good. then you can modify to run oh lets say 13's for about 1200 bucks.... factory dodge computer can compensate timing for high boost levels.
oh man, my friends family had one of those... Good times with my friend and his older brother haha.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
oh man, my friends family had one of those... Good times with my friend and his older brother haha.[/quote]

lol, friend has one in our turbo club. i am jamming gears in my 89 tona, and im already doing 110 and he passes me and waves....

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
lol thats hilarious

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
lol my friend had one of those back in the day, many a burnouts we had in the residential streets late at night. :lol:

G

·
tank said:
my neighbor has an old dodge van sitting in their drive way ... just rusting ... i should go buy it :lol:
Well not all of them were turbo,

The signs that there may be boost under the hood are-

best way is to just check under the hood.

You will know right off the bat if its turbocharged or not. The valve cover will say "Chrysler Turbo"

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
^ lol.... yea they werent SRT-4 spects with the 2.4L..... but they where 2.5L turbo if I remember correctly. They where pretty quick.... mid-low 16s if thats what am thinking they where.

·
Registered
25 Posts
160km/h competing against a 97' Mitsubishi Eclipse...but he won..because the motor was upgraded..it sounded like it :(

But it felt really good going at that speed :lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hit 115MPH and had plenty left. I was on the freeway, but got nervous about cops. Cant afford anymore tickets. Would like to take it over to the GM proving grounds to see what it will max out at.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts