G5 Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my cars are automatics. Ive installed a tranny cooler on my older car a while back and it does lower the temperatures. I check with my tranny temp gauge. Should I install a tranny cooler on my 07 G5?

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it until you pass the 300 whp mark. Planning on hitting that?

Btw, where at in Austin? Might come up this weekend. Meet somewhere?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I live in northwest Austin.

I need to post some picks. Just today I received My chrome projector headlights I ordered off of Ebay. They look really nice, haven't installed yet. They were 135.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Transmition cooler on your trannies, not really needed. Unless listed above doing some heavy mods.

Now on the GM V6 performance trim trannies, they can use aftermarket coolers as the factory radators arent really up to the task of cooling GP GTP, G6 GTP (2006 3900s) , even the GA GTs with mods can use coolers as there also possible eairly tranny failer from heat.

If you do go with a tranny coolers heres the diffrence the general diffrence on temps

The tube and fin coolers do very littly by way of cooling. In testing average diffrence was anywhere from like 4-10 degrees.

The bar and plate coolers faired better they ususally cooled from 12+ degrees under harsher conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts