G5 Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I dont know if it wil hurt paint or not, but for removing tree sap from you hands I always just spit on them and rub the sap for a bit then wash with soap and water(hygenien reasons 8) ) the spit seems to break down the sap so it doesnt leave that sticky residue. But again not sure if it would work on paint the same, where it may be "baked" on from driving or the sun

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
would you spit on your wife? Then why would you spit on your car 8)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I used to use a cleaning product called clean all. The only thing close to it that I have found is Bug wash from safeway. The least translucent pink stuff you can find. Make sure car is clean, saok a sponge in it and rub it away.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I still say go with the clay bar, because you're only going to get the tree sap that's on the surface of your clear coat with soap or billions of bottles of goo gone.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
The claybar thats being referred to I actually JUST used!

Approx $25-$33CAD at your local parts store.. I baught mine from Lordco but it should be stocked almost any automotive store.

Mothers 3 step solution.

1-Wash and dry your car. ENSURE the area your working on is ENTIRELY dry.

2-Then in the affected area your going to work with the clay bar, spray with Mothers Shine solution soak very well in that area.

3-Rub the clay bar back and forth repeatly, no need to push hard.
Once the crap is off then wipe the solution clean with a terry cloth.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 thru each of the areas affected.

4-Once all the affected areas have been treated then give your car a good wax with Mothers Wax Solution (which is included in the 3 step kit).
Apply the wax in a circular motion with a terry cloth or wax application circular pad(is what I chose) until it creates a cloudy film.

5-Let the film set for about a minute or two (work with other areas as your waiting to save some time).

6-Wipe surface clean with terry cloth... and your done.

7-ENJOY YOUR SEXY NEW CAR!!! :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
denlou said:
would you spit on your wife? Then why would you spit on your car 8)
Major disrespect. I'd backhand the person I caught spitting on their car while wearing a ring that says MY B*TCH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts